Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153731 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #675 on: June 03, 2012, 03:07:55 pm »

I'm lynching a Mafia, and I've given my reasons.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 03, 2012, 03:09:54 pm »

Unvote
Vote: Eevee

Not crazy about it, but the people who still think I'm scum will still think I'm scum, and the people who don't probably won't switch because of this. 

Who could make up four more for Eevee? def? eHalycon?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 03, 2012, 03:11:57 pm »

I don't hold that switch against you J. Irs the right move, town or Mafia.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 03, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

Lets see Galz.. we have 6 voting for J, a roleclaim. Some townies are like me; they instantly back off a roleclaim D1 because WE HAVE INVESTIGATIVE ROLES 90% of the time that make keeping a role-claim alive much more logical.

So you really really think no mafia are voting for J? Lol'ed

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 03, 2012, 03:15:53 pm »

Galzria: I'm sorry--and I am very appreciative of how much you defended me, because you're correct about me!--but I'm getting a little worried. You have seemed so certain about Jo, certain in ways I can't possible understand. And now it looks like you're wrong there. (Or do you disagree? Do you think he's lying about his claim? I believe him, though he did himself no favors by delaying the way he did. And really, I'd probably rather he didn't kill anybody tonight, likely as he is to hit town). But you won't change your vote? I'm not accusing you or getting upset with you Galzria.

I'm just trying to understand, so that we lynch the correct person here. It seems to me like there is one certainly incorrect person--Jotheoenah, the One Shot Vigilante--so why still vote for him? Do you see my confusion? I'm not crusading against you, I'm not denouncing you, I'm just trying to understand.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 03, 2012, 03:16:52 pm »

"we have people voting for someone, but can't lynch unless people vote for someone, so he can't be Mafia" I lol'ed.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 03, 2012, 03:19:32 pm »

Robz888 (4) - Dsell, Captain_Frisk, Eevee, jotheonah
jotheonah (3) - yuma, michaeljb, Morgrim7, Voltgloss, Galzria
Eevee (2) - O, Robz

Not Voting (4) - def, eHalcyon

Assume for a sec that mafia aren't voting for mafia. Not certain, but likely.

IF J is mafia (lets go before his vote-switch) 
1) Robz isn't mafia

So you're saying you believe the 3 Mafia are J, and 2 of Ehaly, Def, O, Dsell, Capt' Frisk, Eevee are mafia.

Damn certain with your constraints, are you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 03, 2012, 03:20:20 pm »

oh and for the record, I am denouncing you  ;). Either as Mafia or bad townie, given your current voting and reasoning.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 03, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »

I'm happy with you being wrong O. Doesn't bother me.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 03, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »

Sigh.. it appears we have Me, Robz, J and Galz active, which means we're not going to make much headway.

Though I'd rather nolynch than lynch J, and probably nolynch over lynching robz.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 03, 2012, 03:32:57 pm »

Morgrim was on a minute ago. Morgrim, can we talk you into switching your vote?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 03, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

hovering at 5-6 viewers... I guess we must have lurkers on.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 03, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

I just caught up...One problem I have with Galz' analysis of Jo (which O brought up) is that we very likely have protective roles. If we don't lynch him, the mafia has a tough choice, because killing him could very well mean they sacrifice a night kill if he's being protected.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 03, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »

I really really do not want to vote jo. I could maybe be convinced to vote Eevee (professional poker player...) but that would mean hopping on the bandwagon with Robz, who I think is more likely mafia. This is tough. I will continue thinking about it but later on I will definitely vote for Eevee if it is the difference between a lynch and a no-lynch. I'm not highly suspicious of him but I'm not altogether unsuspicious either.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 03, 2012, 04:08:28 pm »

Pointing this out makes me feel kinda mean, buuuut Michaeljb has been online today AND gave me respect on this thread late last night/early this morning after Jo's "soft" roleclaim. So he's seen that but hasn't posted or unvoted at all...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 03, 2012, 04:12:34 pm »

Also currently on; Eevee and voltglass

Neither seems likely to change their votes.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 03, 2012, 04:13:53 pm »

Also: Ehalycon

Yuallsoinactive?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 03, 2012, 04:19:48 pm »

Also: Ehalycon

Yuallsoinactive?

I just got back -- was catching up and writing up my response to recent activity.  I have not been inactive -- I posted last night and this morning.  However, my posts appear to have been mostly ignored.

@Insomnia -- I don't mind extending the deadline.

O, no response to my post 633?  I mean, if you rather keep things to yourself, fine, but at least say so and maybe give a justification.  I don't know if you just missed my post or are avoiding my questions.  I really want to know why you consider michaeljb and morgrim to be good townies to have.

Town, no response to my posts 635 and 650?  Well, j responded to some parts.  I thought I made some salient points and asked some good questions.  If not, I'd appreciate a response telling me so, pointing out my mistakes, so that I can do better. 

As it is, it seems like a good group of you guys are caught up in your own little bubbles and at each other's throats.  Barring special roles, I don't see how you all can be posting with such conviction.  Certainly some of you seem to be absolutely convinced that others are innocent, or guilty.  Too much conviction for day 1.  Is it Mafia boldly sowing confusion?  I really wonder if there are Masons around... maybe more than one group of Masons.

I'm certainly lacking the conviction you all seem to have.  I feel very much in the dark, and my attempts in gaining some traction via questions are getting ignored.

Right now I am really suspicious of nearly everyone.  There's the vocal ones that seem to be so sure of their actions.  Then there are the ones that are remaining silent despite being around (e.g. michaeljb as Dsell points out in post 689... though I haven't verified his claim, I assume he isn't lying).

I'm actually less suspicious of j right now because he actually responded to a question I posted.

To this end I am now heavily leaning towards voting for Eevee.  I want to give j a chance.  But my vote remains free as I await responses to my questions.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »

So, this leaves me a little confused.  I understand Robz and Captain Frisk, for the most part.  But what of the other two?  In your "suspicions" post you list Morgrim as medium suspicion and michaeljb as "unknown".  What makes them valuable as townies, if they are such?

Why is michaeljb in your good graces?  He hasn't been very memorable to me so far (I should go back and re-read some of these pages).  And (no offense meant to him here) Morgrim on there is especially confusing, what with the randomness fiasco early on (though you pulled a similar stunt, so...).  Is it how he managed to escape that bandwagon that impresses you?

I'd really like some reasons on these choices for "good townies".  For those you think would be harmful as townies, I think you explained the reasoning in an earlier post.  Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Dsell -- tendency to bandwagon?
Galzria -- makes statements with certainty when it is unlikely for him to have any certainty in this game (I have a post on this to follow); fairly persuasive in his posts but perhaps doesn't have the best judgement to utilize that influence.
Three townies from Mafia II -- well, they lost in the end.  Do note -- this is really just jotheonah and Voltglass, because Insomniac is the mod here, right?

Note: this is just my interpretation of O's rationale.

Morgrim because he's an oddball like me and he was poorly lynched first day M2
Michaeljb.. I don't know, he seemed rational. This is probably the most whimsical choice

You're right, Insomniac is mod, so it's the 2 townies (J and Volt). J's roleclaim obviously changes circumstances a bit and I will not be voting for him.

I do think Dsell has been taking anything Galz has said as scripture, which bothers me. And Galz really, really bothers me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 03, 2012, 04:27:35 pm »

I also would like to say I have no major foolproof convictions. I believe Robz is very very likely townie, but no, thats not a guarantee. I believe we shouldn't lynch J because 1) I don't lynch D1 roleclaims D1 (that's inane) and 2) I happen to believe him here, not 100% confident, but I believe him.

I think Eevee has a sliiighttly (like 10%) higher than normal chance of being mafia in my eyes. That's the best i'm going to get, so i'm driving a campaign.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 03, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

I do think Dsell has been taking anything Galz has said as scripture, which bothers me. And Galz really, really bothers me.

I just caught up...One problem I have with Galz' analysis of Jo (which O brought up) is that we very likely have protective roles. If we don't lynch him, the mafia has a tough choice, because killing him could very well mean they sacrifice a night kill if he's being protected.

I JUST posted this. I definitely have not been taking what Galz has said as scripture. A lot of what he has said and done (still voting jo...) has been very suspicious to me. He has had some good reasoning too, but I still find it odd. That's why I haven't and don't plan to vote for jo. However, it doesn't look to me like there's any chance at all that he will be lynched today.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 03, 2012, 04:31:45 pm »

I JUST posted this. I definitely have not been taking what Galz has said as scripture. A lot of what he has said and done (still voting jo...) has been very suspicious to me. He has had some good reasoning too, but I still find it odd. That's why I haven't and don't plan to vote for jo. However, it doesn't look to me like there's any chance at all that he will be lynched today.

I was explaining my stance at the time of the post.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 03, 2012, 04:32:50 pm »

@eHalcyon, I thought your questions were mainly to jo/about roles? I don't know much about the roles or what is considered "common," so I really don't have much to say about that. I think your reasoning seemed sound though.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 03, 2012, 04:41:42 pm »

I finally had a chance to catch up.  Been reviewing on phone slowly over the past two hours, reading about 5 minutes at a time when I can.  If that looks like i'm ohline continuously and saying nothing, well, I can't do anything about that.

First, UNVOTE.  I hear Galz's concerns but if J is bluffing it'll get found out upon being investigated (which I think is what O is saying?).

Second, Eevee.  I have a real concern here that is perhaps unique to me.  I got taken in by the mafia (mainly Robz) in M-II by their supporting my attack on someone (Morgrim) for his unorthodox posting and strange comments.  Now, Robz is supporting O's attack on Eevee for unorthodox posting and strange comments.  I trust the reason for my concern is clear.  Plus, I am still very suspicious of Robz, especially for accusing Eevee of using words Robz himself used.  (I really, really, REALLY have a problem with any argument that does something like that.  Either its a Mafia argument that is willfully misrepresenting the record, or it's a Town argument based on a sloppy misreading of the record.  Either way renders the argument unconvincing to me.)

Robz, what about voting for Eevee now is different from voting for Morgrim in M-II?  ("I'm not mafia this time" isn't a sufficient argument. ;)  )

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 03, 2012, 04:44:32 pm »

Well, just woke up. I'll try to answer to what I gathered as reasons for people wanting vote for me and answer.

a) I'm not joh or robz and I have votes. I'm afraid that people who dont want to vote for joh or robz are going to gun for me just because the I already have votes and they feel joh and robz are town. I'm going to ask not to vote for me unless you find me suspicious. We can still lynch someone like def if we want to go for a random-y lynch. I really dont like his silence.

b) "I'm a pro poker player, I got to be deceiving you". Yeah, I'm good at playing games. No, I'm not playing stupid here. I mean, no one would argue that someone has to be lying because he is level 45 in dominion. Me "downgrading my abilities": I dont know. I feel robz started this. He was saying "hmm, you are not of much use.. too middle groundish, suspicious", and I answered that I'm not trying to be in the middle ground, I just dont have enough experience to be of any more help. It's not like I'm actually being stupid, I'm just not playing like Galrzia or Robz are, not sure why that would be expected of me.

O, was your vote for me only because of my rude comment? I mean, if that's going to start a bandwagon and get me lynched, I'm going to feel pretty bad about writing it.

Joh seems to be voting for me just to save himself (understandable, whatever his role). I still wish I wont end up being the sacrificicial lamb.

Idk, why do you people think I'm not playing very well? Getting yourself lynched in the first day is pretty much the worst town play there is..
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.