Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153680 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #650 on: June 03, 2012, 11:15:22 am »

And I daresay my role will be public knowledge by Day 2 at the latest. I think town could obtain an advantage by delaying the reveal until then. But I leave it up to you all.

I can't imagine a role where this is true, unless you mean that you will make a full claim on day 2.  I mentioned that I could think of a role best kept secret, but if that's the case then there is a decent chance it won't be made known.

The other way your role could be revealed is if you are killed.  However, that could be prevented if we have a doctor or jailkeeper.

Whatever results we see from power roles (e.g. second death = vigilante/serial killer, no deaths = doctor/jailkeeper probably) don't tell us YOUR role because you might just be taking credit for someone else's work.  And besides that, even if you have a power, you might not get to use it if our jailkeeper jails you, or if the mafia has a roleblocker and targets you.

You make a good point that perhaps the town has more than one of a role.  I still find this really unlikely -- Insomniac, is this something you can clarify about the setup?  I find it unlikely that there are multiples.  What roles are there multiples of in standard games?  Mafia of course.  Masons.  Not sure about others.

So are you really implying that your role is best kept secret, but it will be helpful to the town and made known tomorrow?  And are you hoping that the other town role(s), if there are any, will protect you?  Does that only apply if we have a doctor, or would you mind being jailed?  Assuming you are being honest, what kind of action are you hoping for from the town?

I am very tempted to vote for you (and it looks like with Galzria and Voltgloss ve are now at 6?) but I would like to hear your answer to these questions.

To that end I request that any townies refrain from casting the final vote right now.

I won't be back until the afternoon so I hope people wait, though I understand if they don't.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 03, 2012, 11:21:55 am »

I am very tempted to vote for you (and it looks like with Galzria and Voltgloss ve are now at 6?)

I think we're at 5.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 03, 2012, 11:31:39 am »

eHalcyon: I will not clarify that as it is a closed setup

Jotheonah: if no one disagrees and there is posts here suggesting people would want it I will make the day 2 deadline 8 days.

All: would you mind having an 8 day, day 2?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:33:47 am by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 03, 2012, 11:38:45 am »

Insomniac, I don't mind.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 03, 2012, 12:25:40 pm »

Thirty minutes.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 03, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »

Current Vote Counts
Robz888 (4) - Dsell, Captain_Frisk, Eevee, jotheonah
jotheonah (5) - yuma, michaeljb, Morgrim7, Galzria, Voltgloss
Eevee (2) - O, Robz888

Not Voting (2) - def, eHalcyon

Deadline: June 3, 2012, 11:59pm PDT
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 03, 2012, 12:35:22 pm »

Thirty minutes.

You mean over twelve hours.  Deadline is midnight, PDT.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 03, 2012, 12:39:25 pm »

Thirty minutes.

You mean over twelve hours.  Deadline is midnight, PDT.
Right. Oops! Thought tht said a.m., not p.m. :)

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 03, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »

The time is 9:41am PDT meaning at the time of posting there are 13 hours 18 minutes

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 03, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

Jo: Need that roleclaim, buddy. I know it sucks having to claim round 1, but that's the way the game is played. And I really wish you hadn't delayed like this, because it's going to make it very hard to believe you, with only a little time left.

To Volt:

I'm going to have to look again at this Eevee thing.  The gist of Robz's suspicion seems to be that Eevee mixes humor, substance, and non-substance in a "mafia middle-ground" way (a concept Robz created), and that Eevee is downplaying his abilities.  The problem I have is that this seems to be suspicion based solely on a person's RL posting style, rather than anything concrete that would point to them being Mafia.  It feels like the Morgrim attack that Robz guided in M-II.  (I'm not saying Robz is Mafia because he's targeting Eevee.  I'm saying Robz's attack on Eevee, if Robz is Town, feels like my attack on Morgrim in M-II.)

Sure, but what concrete things really point to anyone being mafia at this point? This round has spread wildly out of control and I don't know what to think. Some I am trying to go back to basics. I think my "mafia middle-ground" is a decent-ish idea for how a new-ish mafia would play the game. And Eevee's constant--constant--downplaying of his own abilities has struck me as weird, because he does it a lot. But there is some serious game play mixed in there. I understand the comparison to Morgrim, but really, Morgrim was acting suspicious in MII (now we know he was just being Morgrim, and I for one have acquitted him in this game for now).

Am I certain of Eevee being mafia? Not even close. It's just a hunch and a best guess going off a little evidence, at this point.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:58 pm »

Volt and Galz, NEITHER OF YOU ASKED ME TO FULL CLAIM. I said I would claim if asked. No one, except Robz, asked. I was just waiting for words to the effect of "Yes, you should role claim." I never got them. Still haven't.

Anyway, here goes.

I am Town Vigilante. I have 1 one-shot night kill. It seems like kind of a weak vig variant, which is why I think there could be two (like I said, unlikely, but possible).

Since I'm likely to be nightkilled by the mob, I'm offering to use my power tonight if the town can agree on a secondary target. Otherwise, you could try to keep me alive long enough to use it for some useful purpose tomorrow night, when we have more info.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 03, 2012, 01:11:01 pm »

Volt and Galz, NEITHER OF YOU ASKED ME TO FULL CLAIM. I said I would claim if asked. No one, except Robz, asked. I was just waiting for words to the effect of "Yes, you should role claim." I never got them. Still haven't.

Anyway, here goes.

I am Town Vigilante. I have 1 one-shot night kill. It seems like kind of a weak vig variant, which is why I think there could be two (like I said, unlikely, but possible).

Since I'm likely to be nightkilled by the mob, I'm offering to use my power tonight if the town can agree on a secondary target. Otherwise, you could try to keep me alive long enough to use it for some useful purpose tomorrow night, when we have more info.

Great, now 3 townies will be dead by the morning of Day 2.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 03, 2012, 01:12:39 pm »

Well, any other Town Vigilantes out there? If there are, please say. I'm sure there aren't two of them. I suspect it's just you.

I don't have to unvote you, because I never voted for you. However I would really like to not die instead. What now, town?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 03, 2012, 01:16:13 pm »

Robz, I'm willing to vote Eevee, but throwing my vote around again now would just make me look worse and make the people who suspect me think twice about joining that wagon. So I'm hesitant.

Also, you're not at all out of the woods as far as I'm concerned.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 03, 2012, 01:20:24 pm »

What now, town?
"Well lets just have his head and be done with it."
-Gimli, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mad, I tell you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 03, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

For the record, my vote remains, and here's why:

A) J is telling the truth: As Robz points out, his likelihood of hitting Mafia is lower than hitting town, so if he lives, it's probable 3 town instead of just 2, which AT WORST, is where we would be if he died now.

B) J is lying and is Mafia. Well, it's obvious here he should die now.

C) J is a Serial Killer. He can claim his night 1 kill vindicates his role-claim to prevent day 2 lynch, then kill again. Here, he doesn't even care who he hits, and it's better for us if he dies now.

So I can't see much reason to unvote.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 03, 2012, 01:43:45 pm »

Alright then, I won't use my shot tonight if it won't hurt the town. But at this point, the mafia will certainly kill me in the night, so it's a waste of the town's lynch. If I live through the night, you can kill me tomorrow.

As for your option C, I really can't imagine the SK doing that. It sounds brilliant in theory but there are all kinds of potential problems. SK kills and Vig kills probably have different flavor for one thing. And it would become pretty obvious what he was doing pretty quick. The SK needs to play a long game to win, and that gambit would buy someone two rounds at mose.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 03, 2012, 01:44:17 pm »

*if it WILL hurt the town.

Not a Freudian slip.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 03, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »

Lets see... J roleclaimed, and we have NO votes switching?

Yea, we definitely have no mafia voting for him right now, none at all...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 03, 2012, 02:55:03 pm »

Or, I guess, nobody's online? It's been real dead today.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 03, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »

Lets see... J roleclaimed, and we have NO votes switching?

Yea, we definitely have no mafia voting for him right now, none at all...

Well, I think Yuma and Morgrim aren't around right now. Didn't they say the wouldn't around? Don't know about Michaeljb. Galzria gave his reasons. Volt... might not have seen yet, either.

But yeah, it's a little surprising. Truly, given that we believe him--and pretty much, I do--we really shouldn't kill him.

Uh, no lynch by virtue of no one having 7 votes? It's better than killing Jo if he's a power townie (or me, as I am innocent!). And we actually have gathered a lot of information this round (though what to make of it I have no idea). Maybe our Cop(s) will help us out tonight.

My vote is still on Eevee, though, for reasons I've outlined.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 03, 2012, 02:58:45 pm »

If we have protective roles, we're actually not too much worse off than we were before the roleclaim. If we don't... well, the Mafia II playgroup has come to make the Mafia win again. (minus Robz)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 03, 2012, 03:03:07 pm »

jotheonah... As you can see, your primary defense is me and Robz. Robz is not going to hammer himself, and I am not going to hammer Robz. '

It might be just a teensy bit advisable if you switched your vote from Robz to Eevee, if you wished to survive.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 03, 2012, 03:05:29 pm »

I'm doing a lot more for town than you have O, so /shrug - whatever you say.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 03, 2012, 03:05:59 pm »

You're lynching a roleclaim...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.