Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153730 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #400 on: May 31, 2012, 08:32:22 pm »

I advocated bold play, not stupid play. Leaving my vote on O would have been foolhardy.

For the record, here's how I read O's self-lynch comment (and I think if the rest of you read it closely instead of just OMG SELF LYNCH, you'll see this too.)

Paraphrase:
"If I am so unlucky as to gain six votes on myself on Day 1, I will cast the 7th vote myself. In doing so, I will serve as a sacrificial lamb, dying but teaching the town a valuable lesson about  not being careful with their votes. In this way I will help the town win, even though I'm helping lynch town."

It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's how I read it and no one else seems to have gotten that out of it.

I got that, but it doesn't make sense to me.  It's not an effective way of teaching a lesson.  And is the lesson even necessary?  It seems to me that people are in fact being careful with their votes, unless you consider it careless to vote for someone to stir conversation and then unvote when it looks like a wagon is starting.  Several people have done that already, including O himself.  Or at least that's the explanation we have for why he had voted randomly.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2012, 08:51:03 pm »

Neutral: michaeljb (you post a lot yet I still dont remember any of your opinions. have you actually said much anything?)

This is about the only post where I really did say much of anything:

Ok so this is a few pages old now, but in going back through each player's posts one thing that stood out to me was Morgrim7's behavior before the vote. Specifically, in a couple of his flavorful journal entries he said he was not going to vote until he had more information (#194 and #236). Then after O had random voted him, and Frisk joined in for Morgrim making unhelpful posts (#251), Morgrim's reaction was to unhelpfully post and vote random(#252, #254), casting aside that earlier notion of waiting for more information. It seems like a really panicked response, and why would he panic if he had nothing to hide?

Like Frisk says with the attributed to Napoleon quote, this could just be incompetence, but it feels weird to me.

And Morgrim's more recent vote for O strikes me as "Oh, you voted for me? Well I'll vote for you." And Morgrim has wanted O to defend his view for random voting (#297), but I feel that he did: he said it was done to generate discussion (which it clearly has) and importantly, he would change his vote when it matters (#318). I'm not sure what more Morgrim could be looking for from O.

He might be crazy, he might just want to avoid being a day 1 lynch again, or he might be mafia.

I'm also somewhat suspicious of Robz, but I don't really have anything original to bring up on that front.
Don't know what to make of O, definitely not following his line of reasoning for the self-hammer.
Early on, jotheonah encouraged bold play and taking risks (#182), and I feel like his voting for O then backing down before (real life) night is pretty much the opposite behavior. Maybe I misinterpreted his earlier post.

And I've just seen Morgrim unvoted O; I'd like to know what Morgrim's thinking right now. It'd be nice to hear some rationale for the behavior I pointed out above.
-I had what seemed like sufficient information at the time to vote.
-You do not think my points (and Galzria's) against random voting were reasonable?
-I think (I could very well be wrong) O was trying to avoid suspicion by saying that his vote was purely to arouse conversation. Arousing conversation could be achieved much easier by using Robz's strategy: vote off a hunch. Maybe provide evidence.
Sorry to seem defensive, but what do you do if someone lunges at you with a sword? Defend yourself right away before it hits, not wait around to see what happens. You already know what will happen. You will get skewered.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2012, 08:52:04 pm »

Robz is exactly following the pattern he himself said we should look for in the mafia. Does he admit this? Yes, somewhat. Still, he has been wishy-washy, has said some questionable remarks that have struck me wrong, and has been generally not-that-helpful to the town. These are my primary concerns with him.

I'm also concerned that he may string things along as long as possible and when things are looking bad for him Sunday evening, say, "Ok guys I didn't want to reveal this but I am X-role." Which would let him survive another day, would probably mean a no-lynch, and (if everything goes how he would like) could win him some trust. And unless someone has the role that he claims, we can't verify the truth of his claims (until night at least, and then only if we happen to have the cop or some other similar role).

Yes, I am doing many of the things I said to look out for. I'm glad you noticed. I mean that sincerely. It tells me something about you. Do you know what I've learned about you, Dsell? You are good at choosing a target--I believe you chose me in post #304, long before I did any of the things you found suspicious, except for not posting enough--and then building a case against him. The thing is, you've been so direct with it, I'm a little baffled. I would expect the mafia not to show so much decisiveness in leading the charge against somebody. However, I would also not expect a town member to lead a decisive charge against a veteran who is one of the town's most helpful players (indeed, you have some evidence of my helpfulness at this point--look at Mafia I, where as the Jailkeeper, I was largely responsible for the deduction that got the town to lynch Axxle, the final mafia).

I think this vote is unlikely to kill a mafia member no matter what. But I think the town does worse than random by killing me, Jotheonah, Galzria, or Voltgloss, in absence of extreme suspicion.

But you seem to have extreme suspicions of me for... playing the way I told you the mafia would play? But then if you think I am mafia, why wouldn't you think I would lie to you about how the mafia would play?

Let me keep it simple: I think the mafia if they are among the new players, would be likely to post an average number of times, with some bold but hedgy accusations mixed with silliness. Obviously I do not think the mafia would CHOOSE to do that self-awarely, nor would I find it particularly suspicious if a veteran was doing that. For instance, i think that if J were mafia, he might behave a certain way... but it wouldn't be that way. He would have consciously molded his behavior to be different. So I was telling all of you what cues I was looking for in the new people, and I was also wondering if they might adjust their behavior accordingly.

I can't be too disappointed if you lynch me this round, as I've made it through many fun, arduous rounds in the other two games, but... I want the town to win, so I must implore you not to lynch me. I am useful to the town, and you will regret not having me next round.

If there are other more specific questions about me and my behavior, I would be happy to answer them. I didn't realize the lynch date was so soon at all--that's my mistake. So yes, I understand voting soon. We will have to. Though I'm not sure who I'd vote for at this point.

I will not be voting for Morgrim.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:27 pm »

Uhh, why not?

People, please do not let pitty stay your hand. If I am lynched, hey, it is a lesson learned. After all, this is just a game. :)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 31, 2012, 09:38:52 pm »

I think this vote is unlikely to kill a mafia member no matter what. But I think the town does worse than random by killing me, Jotheonah, Galzria, or Voltgloss, in absence of extreme suspicion.

What about O?  Wasn't he a strong member of the town in Mafia I as well?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »

You are good at choosing a target--I believe you chose me in post #304, long before I did any of the things you found suspicious, except for not posting enough--and then building a case against him. The thing is, you've been so direct with it, I'm a little baffled. I would expect the mafia not to show so much decisiveness in leading the charge against somebody. However, I would also not expect a town member to lead a decisive charge against a veteran who is one of the town's most helpful players (indeed, you have some evidence of my helpfulness at this point--look at Mafia I, where as the Jailkeeper, I was largely responsible for the deduction that got the town to lynch Axxle, the final mafia).

You are right and you are wrong. In post #304, I chose you intentionally, but I did not assume you were mafia at that point and did NOT have in mind to frame you as mafia. As town, that is pure stupidity without real evidence. But I only made that post because of Jotheonah's prompting. I thought his way of sparking discussion was a good idea so I figured I would play along, so I aired my very mild suspicion of you. The main reason I did it though, was to try to shake you up like you so often do in other games...it's a strategy I like. I wanted to poke and prod to see what kind of reaction you would give, because hey, it usually ends up being helpful information. And for me, it was! You reacted in what I perceive to be a fairly mafia way: not responding at first, making an insubstantial post as well as a more substantial one in which you laid out your perceptions (which included some veiled suspicion cast on myself and eevee) while not really giving us all that much to go on.

So, no, when I first cast suspicion on you, it was very mild suspicion because you didn't seem to play quite the same way as in the other games. All of your subsequent responses, however, have made you look more and more like mafia.

The thing that keeps getting me is that you're right. You WERE so helpful in Mafia I, even beyond being randomly assigned jailkeeper. You aggressively went after who you perceived to be mafia (even if you were wrong the first couple times) and were a shining champion for the town. You were very helpful. But in this game, you haven't seemed very pro-town at all. You aren't exactly anti-town, more like just there. Unhelpful. Contributing, but not much. Maybe it's only that it's day 1 and you haven't had much to go on but like we are all realizing we HAVE to vote soon. And still you are unsure. The only thing that is certain is that you're gonna be a nice guy and not vote Morgrim.

"I think this vote is unlikely to kill a mafia member no matter what." But we would be so foolish not to try! Saying, "the town has no real chance of hitting mafia anyway so protect me!!" is the kind of just really unhelpful thing that seems so uncharacteristic of Town Robz. I would be very sad if an experienced town or certainly a town role were lynched, but you haven't done much this game to persuade me that we really really need you around.

But you seem to have extreme suspicions of me for... playing the way I told you the mafia would play? But then if you think I am mafia, why wouldn't you think I would lie to you about how the mafia would play?

You really can't lie about the way that mafia play because you've said similar things in the other games. Lying about that would be more incriminating than...well, hanging around in the background, like you were trying to do.

If I turn out to be wrong and lead your lynch and you turn out to be a townie, that would be very unfortunate. And I would expect a lot of suspicion to be cast on me, rightly so. But I trust that my posts thus far and future posts will be clear, well-reasoned, and show my support for the town.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 31, 2012, 10:37:37 pm »

-I had what seemed like sufficient information at the time to vote.

In case I didn't make it clear, I was referring to the time you voted randomly for def, not when you voted O, and I'm not buying that you really had information then.

-You do not think my points (and Galzria's) against random voting were reasonable?

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I posted. I didn't say O was on the right side of that debate, I said he had presented a defense for himself, and in the post where you voted for him you said he hadn't defended himself.

-I think (I could very well be wrong) O was trying to avoid suspicion by saying that his vote was purely to arouse conversation. Arousing conversation could be achieved much easier by using Robz's strategy: vote off a hunch. Maybe provide evidence.

Conversation certainly was aroused after Captain_Frisk cast his vote, and you could even call his point #2 a "hunch." Unfortunately, you responded with the very behavior Frisk mentioned in his hunch.

Sorry to seem defensive, but what do you do if someone lunges at you with a sword? Defend yourself
right away before it hits, not wait around to see what happens. You already know what will happen. You will get skewered.

Uhh, why not?

People, please do not let pitty stay your hand. If I am lynched, hey, it is a lesson learned. After all, this is just a game. :)

So...a non-voting suspicion post is a sword which you need to defend yourself from so you don't get skewered, then a post saying not much about you other than the poster is not voting for you asking why...the crazy defense is starting to sound more believable.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 31, 2012, 10:38:21 pm »

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
Current Vote Counts
Morgrim7 (2) - O, yuma
O (1) - eHalcyon
Robz888 (2) - Dsell, Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (9) - Robz, def, Eevee, michaeljb, Voltgloss, jotheonah, Galzria, Morgrim7
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 31, 2012, 10:38:28 pm »

[correction] ***is not voting for you makes you ask why...****
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 01, 2012, 12:26:06 am »

So...a non-voting suspicion post is a sword which you need to defend yourself from so you don't get skewered, then a post saying not much about you other than the poster is not voting for you asking why...the crazy defense is starting to sound more believable.

Whats great about the crazy defense is that others make it for you!  All right folks - I'm off to bed - and with only 2 votes on Rob, I'm not especially nervous about an overnight hammer.  See you all tomorrow!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 01, 2012, 12:32:32 am »

-I think (I could very well be wrong) O was trying to avoid suspicion by saying that his vote was purely to arouse suspicion

Oh yea, I've totally been attempting to avoid suspicion this game. That's been my primary strategy!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 01, 2012, 01:30:54 am »

This is mostly unrelated but I really want to post this and I don't think anywhere is really appropriate for it.

From the Mafia II game:

Boy, you ARE drunk. You and me. If we were Mafia we would both vote Volt now and win.

The above is in reference to Robz.  I kind of wish that they would all vote for Robz, with the third voter quipping, "Robz, you are hammered!  8)"  Because, come on, that would be awesome.  Right?  Right?

Sorry.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 01, 2012, 01:47:58 am »

This is mostly unrelated but I really want to post this and I don't think anywhere is really appropriate for it.

From the Mafia II game:

Boy, you ARE drunk. You and me. If we were Mafia we would both vote Volt now and win.

The above is in reference to Robz.  I kind of wish that they would all vote for Robz, with the third voter quipping, "Robz, you are hammered!  8)"  Because, come on, that would be awesome.  Right?  Right?

Sorry.

Send Axxle a PM, I believe he has a quicktopic discussing Mafia-II set up where you CAN talk about that game to others. (I think you can get the quicktopic link from Kuildeous as well).

With that said, I would find the above outcome amusing. But I can't say anything substantive about that game.

-----

On the topic of THIS game, which I CAN talk about here, I don't have anything really new to report. I don't find Robz's play to be as damning as some of you seem to, but I appreciate the effort that you're all putting into weaseling out Mafia. I think, for now, that he is town. I would actually be MORE surprised to see him be Mafia, than say a Town Role - Not that he would ever (nor should ever) admit to that unless dire circumstances arose. But he knows that.

Look, I don't know. But his play so far, while far from "innocent" has read like most town WANT to be - Not suspicious enough to be lynched, but suspicious enough for the Mafia to keep around. A good place to be to make good points that help the town. It's part of the reason that I dropped my vote on O, and while still cautious, haven't resubmitted it. I'm FAR more likely to suspect someone who is showing WAY Pro-Town than I am someone who is showing possible Mafia. It's just SMART play round 1. The Mafia aren't going to slip up. They aren't really going to give bad tells. They want to be as unsuspicious as possible. That's WHY I still strongly suspect Jotheonah. I don't think he's going to suddenly start acting Scummy, but I don't find his "I wanna help town! Go town! Yeah!" to be genuine.

Just my 2 coppers.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 01, 2012, 05:06:58 am »

I've reread posts made so far in an effort to solidify my suspicions.  Work is calling though (or, more accurately, pinging insistently through e-mails) and so I don't have time now to lay out my analysis and vote.  (Yes, I do think that NOW we're far enough into the day, and have enough evidence to draw from, that it makes sense to vote our strongest suspicions.)

What I will say, because our posting times don't often overlap, is to Robz.  Robz, I like your analytical style a lot - as you know, it's similar to mine.  And our general views on mafia strategy issues are also aligned.  And yet... in this game, with respect to its substance, and going off of your posts made since I last posted substantively (#315)... I'm starting to get concerned about you.  I will lay out the reasons for my concerns this evening, before your usual midnight-and-later online time, so you can respond to them then.  In the meantime, I am looking forwarding to your response to Dsell's #405. 

And I am also hoping you can answer a couple of questions below, regarding this comment you made in #338 when responding to Dsell's suspicions voiced in #304 (after his request you do so in #325):

And... you are near the top on my list of suspicions, as you seem to have guessed. Your posts nicely fit the model I outlined, with a mix of serious and then taking-it-back plus humor and emoticons. Frequent but not too frequent.

- Why did you think Dsell "seem[ed] to have guessed" that you suspected him?
- Which posts of Dsell's fit the model you outlined in #324?
- You say Dsell was "near the top" of your suspicions list.  That suggests he was not AT the top.  Who was?  Are they still there?  If not, what has changed?

Robz, I trust you won't take this inquiry personally.  I do agree that, if you are Town, you're a great asset to the Town.  The flip side of that is, if you are Mafia (or SK), you could be the Town's worst nightmare.  So I'm hoping your responses allay my concerns, because I really don't like the alternative.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40:25 am »

Look, I don't know. But his play so far, while far from "innocent" has read like most town WANT to be - Not suspicious enough to be lynched, but suspicious enough for the Mafia to keep around. A good place to be to make good points that help the town. It's part of the reason that I dropped my vote on O, and while still cautious, haven't resubmitted it. I'm FAR more likely to suspect someone who is showing WAY Pro-Town than I am someone who is showing possible Mafia. It's just SMART play round 1. The Mafia aren't going to slip up. They aren't really going to give bad tells. They want to be as unsuspicious as possible. That's WHY I still strongly suspect Jotheonah. I don't think he's going to suddenly start acting Scummy, but I don't find his "I wanna help town! Go town! Yeah!" to be genuine.

Just my 2 coppers.

Ok, I don't know about Robz, but I, as a townie, don't go into a game thinking "How can I be just helpful enough to my team to stay alive, but unhelpful enough to not be a mafia target?" I go in thinking "How can I help my team?" If, in the course of that, my team targets me, I will defend myself in order to get us back on the track of finding mafia. I think intentionally acting suspicious, for the sake of acting suspicious, which is what Galz is suggesting Robz is up to, is strictly anti-Town.  G and R are starting to look like possible scumbuddies. Can't think why else Galz would employ such a poor defense of Robz.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:23 am »

Read Davio's post #614 in M-I to understand what I mean J. I don't think he would AIM to play that way, but would be happy being in that situation. Yes, even as town.

And ask yourself this (you of all people should be qualified to answer), if Robz and I WERE a pair, how bad would our play be now to set ourselves out like you seem to be suggesting? You know we are both stronger players than that.

More and more you seem to want to shift the focus. The most Mafia'ish thing to do is go unnoticed. Be a "friend of the town". I'm a friend of the town because I AM town. I'm becoming less and less sure that applies to you.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 01, 2012, 09:33:03 am »

Coming perilously close to rule-breaking here, but if M-II ends like I think it ends then it will prove that an early appearance of collusion is far from the end of the world for the mafia.  It's like a double-bluff. It's SO OBVIOUS that it couldn't be mafia behavior - we'd never be that obvious. And everyone buys it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 01, 2012, 09:35:47 am »

Coming perilously close to rule-breaking here, but if M-II ends like I think it ends then it will prove that an early appearance of collusion is far from the end of the world for the mafia.  It's like a double-bluff. It's SO OBVIOUS that it couldn't be mafia behavior - we'd never be that obvious. And everyone buys it.

Let's table that discussion until today's lynch results come in from M-II.  We're just waiting on the mod, who is on California time, so we're talking at least a couple of hours I'd expect.  Once the results come in, we'll know for sure who was right, and who was wrong, and about what.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 01, 2012, 09:48:20 am »

Ok, I've been looking back at Robz's posts. I am going to agree with a lot of what has been said.

I'll add that twice now (first in his "Stalwarts" section and later in his defense) he's tried to lump me, Galz, Volt, and him together as a core group of Day 1 unlynchables.  I think he's hoping we'll come to his defense, and to somehow tie himself to whatever pro-town sentiment the rest of us has. As "O" has repeatedly pointed out, our status as helpful townies is very much in question given the disastrous outcome of our game. So the "don't lynch these helpful townies" angle rings hollow.  Excluding a large group of people from your suspect pool off the bat for largely irrelevant reasons is anti-Town. With Volt, I await your responses.

@Galzria: I could dismiss Eevee's flimsy attack as newbie waffling, but yours is just flimsy. You're literally saying I'm the most suspicious because I'm too consistently pro-town.  Most people just call that "being town."  But I don't even think you're mafia, because I don't make that much sense as a mafia target right now. So I really don't know what to think.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 01, 2012, 09:49:16 am »

O, I don't know why I scare-quoted your name. I think it's some kind of copy-editor instinct around one-word names.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2012, 09:49:30 am »

*one-LETTER names

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 01, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

Michaeljb's #406 post succinctly explains why I continue to be suspicious of Morgrim7. Michaeljb explained it much better than I attempted to previously.

Morgrim7s behavior yesterday also continued to be strange. I am not going to say crazy because I don't necessarily think it is. I think it is a convenient excuse. In my previous post I suggested that Morgrim7 needed to answer questions, start learning some lessons and develop a strategy that did not reek of oddness if I was going to stop suspecting him. He failed at doing so. Is he crazy? Maybe... But crazy mafia is looking like more and more of a possibility.

On other note. I am not going to say I am not suspecting Robz888 anymore. I still do, but I think my suspicions are much lower than many of my fellows townspeople. I'll keep him on my radar, but I am not going to change my vote to him unless something drastic changes.

Suspicions: Robz888, Morgrim7
Not suspicious: Michaeljb
Vote: Mogrim7

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 01, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »

With Mafia-II now at an end, it is open game for reference (very, very fun game). Allow me to start by pointing out that I have a GOOD feeling for how the Mafia work. And I stand by my stance that they want to appear active and important day 1, while giving off AS LITTLE (read: none) suspicion as possible. The people who draw attention to themselves in any (even minor) way are likely to be town. This was true in M-I. This was true in M-II. I have no reason to think it won't be true here. O pointed it out earlier when he said the Mafia will act like anything BUT Mafia day 1.

Yes J, my suspicion is on you because you are too strongly town day 1. Feels like you're trying to blend in and hide. Robz may be Mafia, but he is acting more like I would expect town to act, and more like he did in M-I where he WAS town.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 01, 2012, 01:24:37 pm »

Take this from Mafia-II: People who write obscenely long posts of analysis are likely to be mafia, and shall be the targets of my votes.  ;)

I thought Galzria was writing tomes because he was an inept townie; he was a promafia.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 01, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

I will NOT be devoting that much effort here. I will still posts my thoughts, but I don't have the energy to play another game like that! I'm hoping this turns into more of an M-I game. Crazy, short, without all the essays.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.