Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153729 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars DAY 1 UNDERWAY
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2012, 08:04:33 pm »

Yeah, sure, and when I'm here, nobody talks AT ALL. Which timezones are you in? I'm GMT+1.

I too am beginning to feel this way. I am finally on to talk and comment and no one else seems to be writing much of anything at the time. But when I turn off the computer and come back tomorrow afternoon there will be 2 new pages and half a dozen votes I am sure...

Oh, and I am Mountain Daylight Time

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2012, 08:19:04 pm »

I'm mostly checking in because apparently absence breeds suspicion--why is that such a hard word to spell? Every time I type it I have to use the auto correct--but I am not seeing much of anything that seems "suspicious." I understand the need to get a discussion going, but everything that has been said thus far seems to be complete speculation and not really worth commenting on... 

I'm still waiting on Voltgloss to respond to my suspicions that this "work" thing is just a big rouse. He's hiding something I tell ya! Mark my words!  ;)

I did find this a bit off. Just adding a smiley face doesn't make it any better. Emoticons are too often used as a shield to deflect real meaning in a conversation. 

Suspicious: Galzria--just a little bit
Not suspicious: no one
Vote: None

Oh, there wasn't meant to be any deflection. It was more a poke at Volt because he's MIA (for stated reasons) from both this game and Mafia-II. Still, feel free to suspect me over it. I'm firmly in the camp that casting lines of suspicion to arouse responses from people (what I'm doing at Volt) is MUCH safer as a town play than actually casting votes to arouse responses. So I do find it funny that my playing "safer" by NOT voting my suspicions gets me more attention than those who use their vote in a possibly dangerous manner.

Ah well, what can I do? I stand by my statement though. I suspect Volt, and would like to hear more from him. Is he busy working? Probably. Can I hold that against him? Well, absolutely! Especially when I have nothing else to go on. I find that better play than a "random" lynch based on timestamp.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2012, 08:33:30 pm »

Yeah, sure, and when I'm here, nobody talks AT ALL. Which timezones are you in? I'm GMT+1.

I too am beginning to feel this way. I am finally on to talk and comment and no one else seems to be writing much of anything at the time. But when I turn off the computer and come back tomorrow afternoon there will be 2 new pages and half a dozen votes I am sure...

Oh, and I am Mountain Daylight Time

Lurking a bit here because I don't have much of a read on anyone.  However, I find yuma's suspicion of Galzria (reply #223) a bit odd.  What's wrong with what Galzria said?  Seemed like a pretty harmless post to me.  "Emoticons are too often used as a shield to deflect real meaning in a conversation."  yuma, what do you think the real meaning was?

Keeping on the Galzria trail, I'm wondering why Morgrim is suspicious of him as well.  Is it because of the vote counts that Captain_Frisk posted?

(Earlier on I misidentified my time zone as MST.  I realize now that I'm currently in MDT.  Those daylight savings!  Parenthical comment because it's not really relevant to the above discussion.)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2012, 01:24:03 am »

Oh, how I wish I had time today/tomorrow to spend on these games. 

But alas work consumed me today as I predicted it would.  It's 1:30 a.m. here and I am still plowing ahead.

I'll try to weigh in with substance Wednesday evening.  Hopefully it won't be sleep-deprived substance.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2012, 01:54:24 am »

UNVOTE

Voting for yuma doesnt feel right anymore, he hasnt said anything i find suspicious and clearly isnt the most inactive player or anything like that anymore (which was the only reason for my initial vote).

O, obviously your random vote is going to be better than going to night without a lynch but no one is proposing that. Thats like saying "i want to buy that cellar because its clearly better than nothing" when you have 3 to spend and warehouse is on board.

Even if we believe your votes really are random (if you are mafia, they are not), voting random is still clearly worse (for town) than voting for someone and stating your reasons for doing so. Why dont you want to help us?
(Note: i dont necessarily blame people who say "i dont have any suspicions or any idea who to vote for, but I do appreciate the people who help us dig for mafia by trying to spot questionable behaviour. Random voting is not going to do that).

ugh i feel i'm writing really bad english atm, sorry everyone & i hope this is clear enough. if it isnt obvious to anyone by now, i am not a native english speaker.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2012, 02:01:29 am »

Honestly couldn't even tell Eevee. Most people on an internet forum don't bother to "speak" well. I'm very appreciative that the community here does seem to make an effort at it though. Having said that, you don't stand out at all to me, so that's a good thing. People around here seem to be a pretty good crowd to blend in to. :)

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2012, 08:26:52 am »

All right folks, its time for your morning post count:  here's our activity since our last count

Username   Posts In Last Day
Galzria   8
michaeljb   6
O   4
Captain_Frisk   4
MrEevee   3
eHalcyon   3
def   3
yuma   3
Morgrim7   2
Voltgloss   2
jotheonah   1
Dsell   1
Robz   0

RobZ's silence is interesting - given that he has definitely been around.  I don't know whether to read him as lurking or just bored because there is nothing to go on.

MichaelJB and Galzria continue to be chatty.  Since nothing material has happened - I see no reason to change my vote.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2012, 09:23:35 am »

Safe to say that the-games-that-shall-not-be-named are at a more critical juncture for Robz ATM.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2012, 09:58:38 am »

Safe to say that the-games-that-shall-not-be-named are at a more critical juncture for Robz ATM.

Agreed.  Same holds true for me, jotheonah, and Galzria (and Insomniac too of course). 

How Galzria is maintaining highest-post-count here AND putting together his magnum opus elsewhere is truly amazing to me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:36 am »

Clearly "Galzria" is not a real person but an advanced AI. At some point rrenaud's Dominion Simulator gained sentience, registered for the blog, and became Galzria. It likes mafia games because they provide an opportunity to study the human psyche and learn how to better emulate us.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2012, 10:54:24 am »

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
Current Vote Counts
Galzria(1) - Captain Frisk
Morgrim(1) - O
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:02 am »

Dear Journal,
Bad news. Someone has voted to hang me! The only other vote is for the Duke...at least the person who voted for me did not think I am Mafia (I'm not) the vote was random. I have not voted yet; I wish to wait until I have more Information.
I have made my will in case I am lynched.
The Merchant Ship came in today! I made two coins. I wish to save the money in a bank until further notice.
P.S. The Alchemist declined my request. :(
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:07 pm »

I'd be willing to buy that... except that RobZ still had time to play 10 games of dominion yesterday: http://councilroom.com/player?player=Robz888... and I accidentally caught him via automatch during my lunchbreak.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2012, 01:50:14 pm »

I'd be willing to buy that... except that RobZ still had time to play 10 games of dominion yesterday: http://councilroom.com/player?player=Robz888... and I accidentally caught him via automatch during my lunchbreak.

Well, the relevant question to THIS game then is: Who won?

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:29 pm »

He did... was village / wharf madness, and I started greening too early I think.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »

Well in that case, let's kill him for sure. /sarcasm

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2012, 02:54:04 pm »

Morgrim keeps picking on the Alchemist, which I guess is me by virtue of my new avatar. :(

Morgrim, what have you to say about these suggestions that I am less-than-kind-and-wonderful?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2012, 03:04:13 pm »

However, I find yuma's suspicion of Galzria (reply #223) a bit odd.  What's wrong with what Galzria said?  Seemed like a pretty harmless post to me.  "Emoticons are too often used as a shield to deflect real meaning in a conversation."  yuma, what do you think the real meaning was?

Quick response to your question. I think Galzria's comment was exactly what it said. He wanted to know if Voltgloss was really working or if he was using it as an excuse. The emoticon makes it look like a joke.
Emoticons are like the group of students from my old high school who would say something insulting and then add a J.K. at the end of it. Adding a JK or a ;) doesn't change what was originally behind it. Galzria's suspicion of Voltgloss for telling us that he wouldn't be around for the next little bit seemed odd. Just because Volgloss has a real life job that takes him away from a game doesn't mean he should be suspected--for that reason only, if there are other reasons to suspect him, then sure. I would rather suspect someone who says he is free all the next day and then doesn't appear online, or who disappears without letting us know. That is shady behavior. Being clear and open with time and expected appearances doesn't. At least not to me.

Suspicious: Galzria (still very slightly)
Not Suspicious: no one
vote: none

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:26 pm »

He did... was village / wharf madness, and I started greening too early I think.

Nah, it was all luck.

Moving on, I have no suspicions. Absolutely none. I haven't said anything, because I have some other mafia games where I do have ideas, and this thread already has enough substance-less posts!  ;)

I will say I don't like O's method of voting--not because I expect us to do much better than random (I do, but not much), but because it doesn't generate too much discussion. Morgrim can't defend himself from a number generator, so there isn't any value in accusing and voting for Morgrim based on that.

I suppose I can do what I usually do, though. Eevee: Are you the mafia? Explain yourself.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2012, 03:32:42 pm »

Quick response to your question. I think Galzria's comment was exactly what it said. He wanted to know if Voltgloss was really working or if he was using it as an excuse. The emoticon makes it look like a joke.
Emoticons are like the group of students from my old high school who would say something insulting and then add a J.K. at the end of it. Adding a JK or a ;) doesn't change what was originally behind it. Galzria's suspicion of Voltgloss for telling us that he wouldn't be around for the next little bit seemed odd. Just because Volgloss has a real life job that takes him away from a game doesn't mean he should be suspected--for that reason only, if there are other reasons to suspect him, then sure. I would rather suspect someone who says he is free all the next day and then doesn't appear online, or who disappears without letting us know. That is shady behavior. Being clear and open with time and expected appearances doesn't. At least not to me.

Suspicious: Galzria (still very slightly)
Not Suspicious: no one
vote: none

Eh, that's fair.  I don't necessarily agree though -- it certain read like a joke to me.  Admittedly it IS because of the emoticon that I take it as a joke, but I also don't see how it would be an effective way of casting suspicion on someone.  Also, I tend to use emoticons to clarify my meaning online.  Otherwise, my dry sarcastic pith might go undetected, and then what's the point of being dry, sarcastic and pithy?  ;)  (And more importantly, I have at times unintentionally offended people who didn't realize I was joking.)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:45 pm »

Morgrim keeps picking on the Alchemist, which I guess is me by virtue of my new avatar. :(

Morgrim, what have you to say about these suggestions that I am less-than-kind-and-wonderful?
You are probably not going to believe me, but I did not notice that coincidence until now. Must be a different Alchemist.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2012, 03:40:16 pm »

By the way I'm sorry for not I'm not able to quote people. It would take awfully long on an ipad and I left my laptop home. Hopefully I'll still be around when I fly back on the 13th!

@Robz, I honestly dont know how helpful that question is going to be (for town). You cant expect anyone to answer "yeah you got me, I'm mafia" but a less experienced player might (accidentally or intentionally) make a comment regarding his/her role which isnt too good for town. (Is this logic sound?)

.. and yeah, I dont think I have anything to explain. I feel I've been one of the more helpful posters this far, dont really see any reason to suspect me. Why did you pick me to ask that question?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2012, 03:44:03 pm »

You are probably not going to believe me, but I did not notice that coincidence until now. Must be a different Alchemist.

Eh, I think I believe you. Really nobody seems too suspicious yet. And competition is fierce in my field.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 30, 2012, 03:52:58 pm »

Eh, I think I believe you. Really nobody seems too suspicious yet. And competition is fierce in my field.
Well, he has enough money for a bunch of Apprentices...have you noticed that there are not very many Peddlers and Border Villages? He even has his own Apothecary shop. Tel us about your Apothecary shop.

Mad, I tell you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 30, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »

By the way I'm sorry for not I'm not able to quote people. It would take awfully long on an ipad and I left my laptop home. Hopefully I'll still be around when I fly back on the 13th!

@Robz, I honestly dont know how helpful that question is going to be (for town). You cant expect anyone to answer "yeah you got me, I'm mafia"

Eh, you never know.

but a less experienced player might (accidentally or intentionally) make a comment regarding his/her role which isnt too good for town. (Is this logic sound?)

It's probably not a good thing, though we don't know which roles we are dealing with. But yeah, people should keep their roles quiet for now. But no I don't think accusations are likely to out people with roles until that person has a lot of votes. We have to get info somehow at some point.

.. and yeah, I dont think I have anything to explain. I feel I've been one of the more helpful posters this far, dont really see any reason to suspect me. Why did you pick me to ask that question?

Just a feeling. Your posts seem to strike a Mafia-esque balance between purposeful and silly.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.