Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 153908 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »

Insomniac, I think an errant bracketed s has made half the intro post struck-through.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 07:06:10 pm »

Insomniac, I think an errant bracketed s has made half the intro post struck-through.

He's changing the setup as we'll likely have more than 9-10 players.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 07:09:07 pm »

He's changing the setup as we'll likely have more than 9-10 players.

Oh, my error.  Sorry!

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

The thing is, I spend a lot of time on the forum and it's been tough at times for me to even keep up with all the reading during really active times.

Rest assured, you are at least 16 days away from cracking the top 10, and well over a month away from topping WanderingWinder.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

The thing is, I spend a lot of time on the forum and it's been tough at times for me to even keep up with all the reading during really active times.

Rest assured, you are at least 16 days away from cracking the top 10, and well over a month away from topping WanderingWinder.

I'd be comforted except that I've only been here 2 and a half months. XD
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »

Weak. I've been here two weeks less, and have over 11 days logged!
Oh. You mean I SHOULDNT be proud of that? :'(
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 07:30:51 pm »

Well, with my death in 2, I will play. I will try no to kill myself again.  ;)
But yeah, I would love to
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »

SOMEONE IS CHALLENGING ME???!!! WHO DARES???

In all seriousness, I remember passing theory and thinking that was a big deal. That was in the... 200s?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 07:47:54 pm »

Weak. I've been here two weeks less, and have over 11 days logged!
Oh. You mean I SHOULDNT be proud of that? :'(

WHAT. I take it ALL back and feel much better. ;)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 07:48:57 pm »

SOMEONE IS CHALLENGING ME???!!! WHO DARES???

In all seriousness, I remember passing theory and thinking that was a big deal. That was in the... 200s?

I might be able to do it if I quit watching your videos and spent that time on the forum instead.  :P

Edit: ANYWAY MAFIA. I obviously don't spend as much time here as some.... ::) ...but no matter! I am in.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:52:39 pm by Dsell »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 09:20:55 pm »

Also, I'd like to have some clarity on how night actions work.  In what order do effects resolve?  If I am murdered by Mafia, do I still get my night action?  If the Jailkeeper jails the Cop and the Mafia murders the jailkeeper, does the Cop get "no effect"?

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

Killing never stops people from performing actions, it happens at the end of the night, you could say.

Larger setups are generally better off closed.  That's where you don't tell the players in the game what roles are being used.  It's like Mafia I's 2 of 4, except instead of 12 possibilities explicitly defined there are a couple million possible in the mod's imagination. 
The major benefit to it is avoiding a situation where lots of vanilla townies get lynched and killed early on by happenstance, so halfway through the game optimal strategy becomes mass roleclaims, flooding the town with uniquely rolenamed confirmed innocents.

Might be a good idea to have me review a closed setup you plan on using, should that be the choice.  I don't plan on playing.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 12:54:27 pm »

So we're up to 9 confirmed and 3 1 tentative for a max of 10 10 if all tentatives confirm. For the record this is the list I've seen

Confirmed
Robz
Galzria
O
def
Dsell
Morgrim7
Eevee
Captain_Frisk
michaeljb

Tentative
yuma
WanderingWinder
Thisisnotasmile

popsofctown: I will be taking you up on that offer. Thanks!

My thought is that I'll leave registration open for an additional 24 hours once we have 9 or 10 confirmed. With both Mafia I and II being in the night phase I suspect more people will have a chance to pop in here in the next 48. Once 9 or 10 are confirmed I will take all registrants that confirm in the 24 hour time space after that. (or as close to 24 hours as possible)

So those of you that are tentative please confirm or cancel your entrance so that I can have an accurate count
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:12:38 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

It would be great if we could get up to 12 or 13 people. That's the number I usually play with IRL, and it's a lot of fun.

I don't mind if there are a lot of roles to choose from and it's random which ones you are using, but I think I would still like a list of all the possible roles for the game... It's up to you though!

I was browsing roles to see what would be fun things to play. This Serial Killer looks interesting. Might want to give him one free dodge from a night kill, though, as he looks hard to win with.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 01:03:47 pm »

Its not entirely random which roles are using, I have a vague idea for every number of entrants.

Also I suspect that with the new way I proposed for entrants it will probably be 12+. but we could wait till There's 12 as well (From what I've seen 13 is the limit for non large games)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »

Serial killer is a TINAS role if ever there was one.

However, I am out of this game if there is going to be public discussion running alongside. Especially if that public discussion is going to be on these very forums and not hidden at all.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:37 pm »

Yeah I'll play! I'll be in Vegas until the 13th but posting drunk isnt prohibited so why not.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »

I'd like to play
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:41 pm »

Yeah I'll play! I'll be in Vegas until the 13th but posting drunk isnt prohibited so why not.

Drunkposting as mafia is undoubtedly risky.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 10:40:27 pm »

Or the greatest con ever!
A man has no signature

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 03:15:24 am »

But I'm town!

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:30 am »

However, I am out of this game if there is going to be public discussion running alongside. Especially if that public discussion is going to be on these very forums and not hidden at all.

I didn't actually have time to read the whole thread when I wanted to sign up, but like TINAS says, I don't want to play if the discussion is going to be on these forums; if a quicktopic thread is started and the link is only given out privately (like the Mafia I discussion) I'll have no problem with that.

eh, screw it I want to play, public discussion or not.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:14:19 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 11:29:33 am »

I am a noob, but if there is room I'll play

Also - I am town
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 01:36:52 pm »

I have absolutely no preference for how our game is discussed among non-players. But I do prefer to have as many people as possible playing, so if that's a sticking point for some people, I would meet their demands.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »

Robz's point is well made. Especially in light of how Mafia-I and Mafia-II are playing out. They could honestly be two COMPLETELY separate games. So the more people from each (and outside observers) that we can include the better. Let's get both the "We hate and mistrust everyone!" (Mafia-I) crowd mixed in with the "Let's over analyze everything to death until we know nothing!" (Mafia-II) crowd together! The crazier the better imo.  :P
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 02:52:25 pm »

I shouldn't play another one... it makes me crazy and paranoid and is not going to be a good idea once I'm actually employed. On the other hand, I do want a chance to actually learn lessons from the ongoing train wreck that is Mafia II...

I guess I'll play.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.