Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Author Topic: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars (GAME OVER, TOWN WINS)  (Read 152807 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

THERE WILL BE A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THIS MAFIA. IF YOU DO NOT WANT OTHERS DISCUSSING THIS MAFIA DO NOT PARTICIPATE. YOU MAY NOT POST IN THIS THREAD WHEN DEAD WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT READ THIS THREAD WHILE ALIVE THOUGH THIS WILL NOT BE ENFORCED

ALIVE
O
defAxxle
Dsell
eHalcyon

DEAD
Galzria - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 1
Robz888 - Vanilla Townie - Killed in Night 1
Captain_Frisk - Vanilla Townie - Killed in Night 1
jotheonah - Serial Killer - Lynched Day 2
michaeljb - Vanilla Townie - Killed in Night 2
Morgrim7 - Vanilla Townie - Lynched Day 3
Voltgloss - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 4
yuma - Mafia Rolecop - Lynched Day 5
Eevee - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 6

Its been a while since one started and with people getting eliminated from the first 2 I thought I would offer a third game of Mafia to the first 9 that attempt to sign up (assuming theres enough interest). Here are the rules and the potential roles (blatantly stolen from Mafia II).

As a twist on the first 2 IF 10 people sign up we will include the SERIAL Killer role

Mafia Ruleset

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 1 week deadlines. If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Game Setup
Game Setup information:

As there have been requests for more than 9 players the roles will be determined upon game commencement. I am open to suggestions for roles, and player count

The setup used for this newbie game is one of the ones given below. The setup is randomly determined, but is one of the 6 given here:
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Doctor.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 5 Vanilla Townies, Doctor, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Sane Cop.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Jailkeeper.
1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Rolecop, 6 Vanilla Townies, Doctor.

If 10 people sign up: 1 Serial Killer

There will always be two mafia players and seven town players.

Here are all the role PMs that can be in the game:

-----------------------------------------

Mafia Goon
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Mafia, a Mafia Goon.

Your partner is __________, a Mafia Rolecop. You make speak with them during the pre-game and during the night phases.
(Any other communication outside of the thread with any other players is prohibited.)

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Mafia Rolecop
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Mafia, a Mafia Rolecop.

Your partner is __________, a Mafia Goon. You make speak with them during the pre-game and during the night phases.
(Any other communication outside of the thread with any other players is prohibited.)

Each night, you or your partner may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

Each night, you may also send me the name of a fellow player. You will be told their role name.

You win if the Mafia comprise at least half the town, or if nothing can prevent the same from happening.

Town Doc
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Townie, a Town Doc.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. You will protect that player from death.

You win when all of the Mafia are dead.

Town Cop
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Townie, a Town Cop.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. You will be informed if that player is town or mafia.

Town Jailkeeper
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Townie, a Town Jailkeeper.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. That player will be protected from death, and will perform no night actions.

Town Vanilla
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a Townie, a Vanilla Townie.

Serial Killer
Welcome to Mafia II!

You are a psychopath, a Serial Killer.

Each night, you may send me the name of a player you would like to kill.

You win everyone else is dead.

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 01:10:06 pm by Insomniac »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia III: In a shelter among beggars
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:19:53 pm »

Well, I will of course play, with a couple caveats:

I won't feel bad if you reject my application because I'm too obsessed :P
If theory has a problem with Mafia continuing obviously I won't do it
I would prefer to actually include more than 9 players this time, if there is interest for that
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:23:17 pm »

Well, I will of course play, with a couple caveats:

I won't feel bad if you reject my application because I'm too obsessed :P
If theory has a problem with Mafia continuing obviously I won't do it
I would prefer to actually include more than 9 players this time, if there is interest for that

I am of course fine with more than 9 and wouldn't want to run it if theory opposed. SINCE he gave us a dedicated forum for games that does not show up in recent form posts i suspect he has no issue.  But if he asks me to not run this I will cancel.

Robz of course you can play.

What number would you be happier with than 9 and do you have suggestions for Roles
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

Please count me in as well

Edit (omg, I've forgotten what one feels like!)

Same caveats as Robz has.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:35:03 pm »

I'm tentatively down to play, I'd prefer to have more than 9, and I'd prefer to do it... elsewhwere. Off these forums. But eh.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 04:39:39 pm »

I'd like to sign up!

The more the merrier.
Off-forums or On-forums is OK.
Robz is starting to scare me.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »

Not committing myslef yet, but if I'm dead in mafia I before this fills up I'd be tempted to join just to make some more enemies. And I'd much prefer a game with no size limits to allow anyone who wanted to play to be able to.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:54 pm »

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
This made me laugh.

I don't have any objection to continuing to run Mafia games here.  But I'd like to be able to have a discussion topic for Mafia III, with the condition that everyone spoilers their posts.  Is that all right with you all?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »

This made me laugh.

I don't have any objection to continuing to run Mafia games here.  But I'd like to be able to have a discussion topic for Mafia III, with the condition that everyone spoilers their posts.  Is that all right with you all?

I have stated in the past that I am fine with it. I believe a few others share this opinion, however I know that some are wary as well. Eh, up to you guys. I don't mind though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 05:52:50 pm »

It doesn't bother me the reason I played in Mafia II at all is because I think the community here is pretty solid. I don't suspect that people would cheat. I mean they are playing a game for fun.

Also, theory glad to have you weigh in, and yea I completely stole that part of the post from Axxle lol. He had it so I figured it might just be a good thing to have in general *shrug*

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »

I didn't see it for Mafia II!  :P  I must have skipped over it.

How about this: let's make this game a test run.  Only sign up if you're willing to be the guinea pig for a game with a public yet spoilered discussion topic, and we can all discuss the experience afterwards.  If it wasn't a good experience then we'll scrap it for future Mafia's.

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 05:59:17 pm »

Also, I'd like to have some clarity on how night actions work.  In what order do effects resolve?  If I am murdered by Mafia, do I still get my night action?  If the Jailkeeper jails the Cop and the Mafia murders the jailkeeper, does the Cop get "no effect"?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »

This made me laugh.

Upvote upvote upvote.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:09:38 pm »

Also, I'd like to have some clarity on how night actions work.  In what order do effects resolve?  If I am murdered by Mafia, do I still get my night action?  If the Jailkeeper jails the Cop and the Mafia murders the jailkeeper, does the Cop get "no effect"?

These are actually up to the mod so I will clarify

1) In what order do effects resolve?  If I am murdered by Mafia, do I still get my night action? This would depend on the night action. If its  a cop style action does it really matter? If its a preventetive effect Jailkeeper doctor. Then yes. However since you can't target yourself with those abilities its not relevant unless there are multiple night kills

2) If the Jailkeeper jails the Cop and the Mafia murders the jailkeeper, does the Cop get "no effect"? Yes.

I will attempt to resolve all night actions simultaneously to the best of my abilities

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

This made me laugh.

Upvote upvote upvote.

This, with my pleas for the condition once again... no dead mafia, no dead mafia, no dead mafia. Then if even people can't resist the theoretical "gain" from reading it really is quite minimal.

def

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 06:14:55 pm »

I'm in if it's ok that I never played before. :)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 06:17:20 pm »

These are actually up to the mod so I will clarify

1) In what order do effects resolve?  If I am murdered by Mafia, do I still get my night action? This would depend on the night action. If its  a cop style action does it really matter? If its a preventetive effect Jailkeeper doctor. Then yes. However since you can't target yourself with those abilities its not relevant unless there are multiple night kills

2) If the Jailkeeper jails the Cop and the Mafia murders the jailkeeper, does the Cop get "no effect"? Yes.

I will attempt to resolve all night actions simultaneously to the best of my abilities

Actually I found this I'll follow this.

Def: Absolutely

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »

Few things:

1) As written, Cop investigating Serial Killer returns townie. I actually like it better this way though.
2) "Sane cop". If anyone ever tries to introduce Insane cop into a forum mafia game here I will hunt them down and kill them.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »

This made me laugh.

Upvote upvote upvote.

This, with my pleas for the condition once again... no dead mafia, no dead mafia, no dead mafia. Then if even people can't resist the theoretical "gain" from reading it really is quite minimal.

whats the condition?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 06:21:31 pm »

This made me laugh.

Upvote upvote upvote.

whats the condition?

Sometimes what's in my head when i'm typing doesn't exactly come out...

No mafia players who are dead posting in the discussion thread, revealing info.  ::)

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:24:27 pm »

Does that restriction include vanilla townies?  Technically they have the same knowledge as any random townie, but I think they should also be restricted, because as anyone who reads the Mafia I quicktopic knows, dead vanilla townies are somewhat biased. ;)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 06:25:47 pm »

How about no dead players post in general? This is a request only as I can't enforce it and dead players are not in the game so I can't do anything game related to them

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »

How about no dead players post in general? This is a request only as I can't enforce it and dead players are not in the game so I can't do anything game related to them
That's basically the gist of my and O's post, and I can enforce it :)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:59 pm »

Sounds good to me Ill update the initial post to have info on this

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 06:46:50 pm »

I'm pretty interested in this, I've been enjoying following the other mafia games (well, just one of them now) though I've never played forum mafia before. The thing is, I spend a lot of time on the forum and it's been tough at times for me to even keep up with all the reading during really active times. So I can only imagine trying to keep up with other mafia games, my own mafia game, trying to formulate responses with lots of analysis, keeping up with, you know, Dominion strategy, and trying to play on isotropic. Oh yeah, and real life.

But I think I'm up for a challenge. :D

And yeah, Robz is insane.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.