Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Author Topic: Dominion: Dark Ages on Rio Grande Games' Website  (Read 153377 times)

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion: Dark Ages on Rio Grande Games' Website
« Reply #275 on: July 25, 2012, 06:50:56 pm »

It's perfect because it would combo really well with Scout and Spy.

Scout ensures that those precious Estates won't be accidentally trashed by Barber.  Thank-you, Scout.  You have saved the day once again.

Ok maybe not REALLY well with Scout, but you could at least chew through coppers and curses that way.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2012, 11:06:21 am »
+8

Guys!  Guys!  Hey, guys!

LESS THAN TWO WEEKS TILL DARK AGES PREVIEWS.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2012, 01:16:06 pm »

Shall we start a countdown?  7 days left.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49:16 pm »

Also - query: will the Base Cards set be updated to include Shelters and Ruins?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

Also (and sorry for 3 posts in a row): do you think perhaps we're judging some cards too harshly (Chancellor, Develop, Thief, etc) because we don't have the full picture?  It's possible that some Dark Ages and Guilds cards will even out the power of the current cards - might be that some of them will make Chancellor, Develop and Thief good.  Think about it: Cache and IGG made Counting House better.  What cards could exist that would make these cards shine?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2012, 06:38:20 pm »
+2

No.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2012, 07:14:57 pm »

Also (and sorry for 3 posts in a row): do you think perhaps we're judging some cards too harshly (Chancellor, Develop, Thief, etc) because we don't have the full picture?  It's possible that some Dark Ages and Guilds cards will even out the power of the current cards - might be that some of them will make Chancellor, Develop and Thief good.  Think about it: Cache and IGG made Counting House better.  What cards could exist that would make these cards shine?

Since Dark Ages will have a Trashing theme, I bet Thief and Develop will both get some interactions.

I don't expect Chancellor will change.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2012, 07:16:54 pm »

Chancellor just needs to trigger tunnel and he'd be fine :p
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2012, 08:44:37 pm »
+1

Then he would have two powerful combos instead of one. Other than that, he would be just as bad.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: July 30, 2012, 10:25:32 pm »

Then he would have four almost powerful combos instead of one. Other than that, he would be just as bad.

FTFY

Counting House, Stash, Inn.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 30, 2012, 11:28:25 pm »

Chancellor/Counting House falls firmly into the category of "not worth it", just like Coppersmith/Counting House. Vault/Counting House I could see in an engine.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2012, 08:22:12 am »

Vault/Counting House I could see in an engine.

I did that once with Cache and Counting House.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2012, 08:44:24 am »

I actually brought up Cache/Counting House here.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:20 am »

I mean Cache and Coppersmith, in addition to Vault and Counting House.  I believe there were some Worker's Villages in there as well.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:47 am »

I mean Cache and Coppersmith, in addition to Vault and Counting House.  I believe there were some Worker's Villages in there as well.

Then once is the operative word. You did it once. You're not reliably pulling off a massive draw engine with all your Coppers plus all the Treasure cards from the Cache(s) you bought. Not against a decent opponent, anyway.

I would be a little surprised (and disappointed) if the Shelters and Ruins didn't already have art. My hope is that they either have text on them (and art on the top) or they have full-card art already.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:06:07 am by LastFootnote »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2012, 11:10:41 am »

Then once is the operative word. You did it once. You're not reliably pulling off a massive draw engine with all your Coppers plus all the Treasure cards from the Cache(s) you bought. Not against a decent opponent, anyway.

I would be a little surprised (and disappointed) if the Shelters and Ruins didn't already have art. My hope is that they either have text on them (and art on the top) or they have full-card art already.

I believe it was Worker's Village, Rabble, Vault, Cache, Coppersmith, and Counting House.  Got a bunch of WV, few Rabbles, 1 or 2 Caches, couple Vaults, one more Counting House than Vaults, and a couple Coppersmiths.  So i'd draw everything in hand, Vault it away, Counting House it back in hand, Vault it, CH, Coppersmith, buy everything.  There was probably another Village in there somewhere.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

Five more days!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2012, 04:45:45 pm »

I believe it was Worker's Village, Rabble, Vault, Cache, Coppersmith, and Counting House.  Got a bunch of WV, few Rabbles, 1 or 2 Caches, couple Vaults, one more Counting House than Vaults, and a couple Coppersmiths.  So i'd draw everything in hand, Vault it away, Counting House it back in hand, Vault it, CH, Coppersmith, buy everything.  There was probably another Village in there somewhere.

That... might be as far from being a "combo" as any combo has ever been.  Six cards necessary to make it work?  Once in a lifetime.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »

That... might be as far from being a "combo" as any combo has ever been.  Six cards necessary to make it work?  Once in a lifetime.

More like a synergistic board than a combo.  An engine with other stuff?

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2012, 06:52:41 pm »
+3

Five more days!

I hope this thread won't explode when we get info on the cards. I suggest we have a new thread for each new card or maybe for each new three cards instead, because there will probably be a lot of discussion on each of them.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »

What were the first hinterland cards? I wasn't there.  :'(

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2012, 07:09:28 pm »

What were the first hinterland cards? I wasn't there.  :'(

http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1066342/dominion-hinterlands/news

Preview posts are here.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2012, 07:25:47 pm »

Five more days!

I hope this thread won't explode when we get info on the cards. I suggest we have a new thread for each new card or maybe for each new three cards instead, because there will probably be a lot of discussion on each of them.
Seconded.

FIVE MORE DAYS!?!?! AHHHHH!

Mad, I tell you.

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +320
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »

Then he would have four almost powerful combos instead of one. Other than that, he would be just as bad.

FTFY

Counting House, Stash, Inn.

In Province games, Chancellor-Stash is super duper strong when it appears, in my experience.  I can't think of any stronger two-card combos. 

Also, if you look closely, Chancellor is a woman.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.