Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting swindler game  (Read 875 times)

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Interesting swindler game
« on: May 17, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »
+1

Key Cards: King's court, Grand Market, Hunting party, Swindler, Farmland, Cache, Loan

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120515-160337-c7dff3ed.html

With KC, Swindler, Loan and Hunting party, you know you're in for a degenerate game.

I open Swindler-Swindler (hopefully getting some heavy damage out first reshuffle) to my opponents erroneous swindler/worker's village, but fall behind very quickly as my terminals collide and my opponent quickly picks up some King's Courts, Hunting parties, and a loan to clean his deck out.

Fast forward through some more degenerate swindling. Despite some lucky hits, I am still behind significantly on turn 14 when he has more KC's, GM's and HP's than me. His lean deck is going to run through provinces relatively steadily or threepile quickly with a small VP lead.

My swindler hits a 5. Usually the auto-play rules here are to swindle into duchy, but not only am I hesistant to fork over 3VP (I already gave him 6VP via three farmland swindles), I'm also pretty sure his deck can handle an extra duchy and still roll over me.

I find what really is one of the few 5s that can be called worse for someones deck than duchy, Cache. The extra coppers (from this cache and a few others, including the lovely swindle cache->cache) clog his deck just enough that I pass by him turn 19, emptying the piles and buying a province to win 7-5.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 20 queries.