Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Seven-Pile Endings and Other Grand Finales  (Read 2929 times)

Not a Cylon

• Steward
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Seven-Pile Endings and Other Grand Finales
« on: July 09, 2011, 03:34:07 pm »

Since we have a thread for big game-altering draws, I thought it'd be fun in a similar vein for people to show off their big finishes. Just now, I achieved a seven-pile ending, winning 395-20, and without even any TR or KC. Just good old fashioned Goons and Bridge … to be exact, 7 Goons and 6 Bridges :D I ended the game on Colonies … and also Duchies, Estates, Cities, Goons, Bridges, and Pearl Divers.

log

Fun as that was, I'm sure others have done better. What crazy-big endings have you pulled off (or fallen to)? “Big” could be a matter of sheer point total, or piles emptied, or reversal of fortune (from negative points to winning by one?), anything that made you go “holy crap” :)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
Re: Seven-Pile Endings and Other Grand Finales
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 04:18:22 pm »

I'm very fond of <a href="http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110528-203921-3ccc87fc.html">this one</a>, in which I ended the game by buying out all 32 victory cards on one turn (none of the stacks had previously been touched).

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 05:04:27 pm »

I'm very fond of <a href="http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110528-203921-3ccc87fc.html">this one</a>, in which I ended the game by buying out all 32 victory cards on one turn (none of the stacks had previously been touched).

I don't think anything could possibly top that.
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?

Not a Cylon

• Steward
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 01:12:02 am »

Awesome :-D

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:42:00 am »

My opponent said he'd chosen the board specifically in order to enable unusually high scores, and... well, it worked.

If I'd planned my turn a bit better I could have actually scored a bit higher (e.g., if I'd king's-courted my goons I would have ended up with a few more buys and then could have grabbed some coppers for the extra points)—but I kind of like the elegance of having exactly 32 buys, as it turned out.

Axe Knight

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:38:15 pm »

It's not that glamorous, but this was one of my favorite games of late (that I won).  It was back and forth the whole time.  I could not get the last Province for the life of me, not being able to buy one for nine agonizing turns, so I just bought two curses to win.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110709-183437-f9a925de.html
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:40:23 pm by Axe Knight »
An Axe Knight draws near!  Command?

dghunter79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +320
    • View Profile
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.