Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Forum Resistance  (Read 9595 times)

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Resistance
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

Yeah but you need much less time for each deadline

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 08:50:11 pm »

I think all things considered, especially considering my current online activity, I'd rather mod than play. But I'd still like to play, so I won't feel hard done by if WoG wants to do it.

Regarding voting etc.: Yes, you need a lot of deadlines. I used short ones in my other game, but that's what they're used to. Mostly, there are three 'pause and wait' things in the game:

1: Mission leader proposing a mission
2: Votes being collected and tallied
3: Operatives on missions making their choice.

Thing is, 1+2 happen kinda simultaneously - you might need some time to talk a bit, but generally once a proposal has been made, you know how you're going to vote on it. The most common case where you DO need that extra time is if the leader made a very quick proposal, in which case, well, you haven't lost much time anyway. 3 is also generally very quick. There's no discussion to be had about it: Resistance members just need to tell the mod they're co-operating*, and spies can generally make their choice pretty quickly, and they can't exactly talk about it, so it might take a few minutes but that's chump change if you're given 24/48 hours.

So yes, there are more deadlines than Mafia, but for the most part, they don't need to be as long. Giving e.g. 5 days for the leader to propose a mission, plus 2 for voting (so 7 total regardless, the +2 to avoid the leader waiting too long and letting you discuss for longer if the leader makes a quick proposal) and 1 day for mission orders (or even taking all of these simultaneously as people vote, assuming the mission proposal passes) and it should be fine. It can potentially drag: You can theoretically have 25 proposals in a game, and with 7 days for each... yeah. But that's very unlikely, a normal game depending on the group playing will have about 6-12, and they won't necessarily take that amount of time. Perhaps 4+2 days would be better...

*Both decisions can of course be made during voting, although perhaps spies want to see the results of voting first, so best to give 1 day fixed for it.

TL;DR, More deadlines, but most coincide with each other.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 08:52:17 pm »

Oh, hell. I'll play if there's room and people will let me. I don't think I can resist Forum games.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 09:32:57 pm »

Oh, hell. I'll play if there's room and people will let me. I don't think I can resist Forum games.

Dear God man, I don't know how you keep track of two separate forum games, let alone three!  Did you King's Court yourself or what?

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »

Dear God man, I don't know how you keep track of two separate forum games, let alone three!  Did you King's Court yourself or what?

Just made me think of this gem:

When a friend of mine sees a girl he finds attractive, he remarks how he'd like to "Throne Room" or "King's Court" her.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:51 pm »

.... Just, wow. Pure awesomeness Voltgloss. +++1
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WrathOfGlod

• Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 04:32:49 pm »

Okay Tables if you would prefer to mod that would be fine (I'd prefer playing also).
Do you want me to set up the game and topic or do you want to set it up?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 05:19:05 pm »

Not only did I King's Court myself, I King's Courted that King's Court, too.

And plays Robz888 again....

Which is why I can play all the Mafia games and Resistance  ;D

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 05:28:47 pm »

You can't King's Court the same thing twice, so this proves there's at least two of you.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 05:32:37 pm »

You can't King's Court the same thing twice, so this proves there's at least two of you

Caught in the lie! Robz is guilty of... Something!
[/quote]

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 09:36:09 pm »

You can't King's Court the same thing twice, so this proves there's at least two of you

[/quote]Hmmmm, that means Robz has a seperate identity! Who is it? Probably someone on the forum!?! ;)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 09:41:03 pm »

Hmmmm, that means Robz has a seperate identity! Who is it? Probably someone on the forum!?! ;)
I think this just means he's not a prize, and there were at least 10 of him in the supply at some point.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »

That means he's an Explorer or an Adventurer, both of whom like to get around.

Mafia Record:

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 09:49:45 pm »

Look at his title. He is a Witch! He used magic to clone himself. Who else on the forum do you think he is?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »

Look at his title. He is a Witch! He used magic to clone himself. Who else on the forum do you think he is?

Well, if that's true, then perhaps the last character of his name is his clone number. So to find his previous clone, we would have to find somebody who's name ended with the character '7'. Hmm.... I wonder...

Mafia Record:

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 10:33:52 pm »

Well, if that's true, then perhaps the last character of his name is his clone number. So to find his previous clone, we would have to find somebody who's name ended with the character '7'. Hmm.... I wonder...
Shoot, they found me out!!!

Mad, I tell you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 10:43:46 pm »

Don't worry, we know you were just a clone of Jonts26

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 10:45:39 pm »

Gasp!  Jonts26 -> 26 -> 2+6=8 -> 888 -> Robz888!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 11:26:27 pm »

Gasp!  Jonts26 -> 26 -> 2+6=8 -> 888 -> Robz888!
Gasp! Galzria -> G A L Z R I A -> Seven characters -> Now count the number of characters in Robz888 and Jonts26!!!

Mad, I tell you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 11:27:06 pm »

Fun fact: I chose 888 because my birthdate is 8-8-88

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »

Fun fact: I chose 888 because my birthdate is 8-8-88

But then why not 8888?  Is this ANOTHER LIE?  :o  Clearly a spy, don't send him on the next mission.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 02:47:08 pm »

Well, there's a lot of talk and no new faces appearing... if we're happy for me to mod I'll review this thread and work out what rules to play with (plot cards, mission targeting etc.)
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

Actually, having looked through the thread, there's still a fair bit of ambiguity about who can/can't play and what rules to use. I don't really want to start a new thread so:

Everyone who has expressed interest, please bold an IN or OUT decision. There is still time to join even if you have not said anything yet. If you have any preference (even slight) about plot cards and mission targetting, please also add "Plot cards: YES/NO", and "Mission Targeting: YES/NO."

If you want to see the plot cards, they're here. 1 is drawn per round with 5-6 players, 2 with 7-8 and 3 with 9-10. The numbers of each card are: ... uh, I can check this on Saturday, could someone help by giving me the numbers now? Thanks.

Mission targetting is basically, the leader can choose which mission to go on. The numbers on each mission plus numbers of spies can be found here.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 03:53:52 pm »

IN

Plot cards: YES

Tables, if we use plot cards, will you be shuffling an actual deck of some sort to determine which ones get played each round?  How many of each plot card is in the deck?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »

In

Favourite official variant is Commander & Bodyguard (without plot cards) but if nobody else knows it I'm fine for standard with plot cards. And I'd prefer no mission targetting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 2.385 seconds with 19 queries.