Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Anybody got Diablo 3 yet?  (Read 41137 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody got Diablo 3 yet?
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »

Tbh my plan is honestly to dump any inferno item I don't want on the auction house for 2$

Unless its super godly in which case I will charge more

So - here's my problem with that.  In that scenario, 50% of the proceeds are going to Blizzard, even if you don't plan to take the $ out, and eventually want to use it to buy a big bad weapon, you're going to have to sell 2x as much. 

If we assume a linear relationship between gold and $, then you're much better off selling it on the gold AH (15% commission), and then selling the gold for $$ (15% commission).  Yeah, you're getting double dipped, but you're still coming out ahead.

I don't understand why Blizz wouldn't just make it 15% across the board to minimize this goofiness.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2012, 01:46:16 pm »

I don't understand why they had to put in the 15% commission in the first place.

If they needed a good goldsink, they should've designed the game better.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2012, 02:07:56 pm »

I don't understand why they had to put in the 15% commission in the first place.

If they needed a good goldsink, they should've designed the game better.

Gold is money!

The transaction cost (i assume) is to prevent people from overloading the AH with minor buys and sells.  For example - lets say you think the value of a Perfect Square Ruby is 40K (about what its going for on the AH).  Every time you saw one pop up @ 38k, you could sneak in, buy it, and relist @ 40.  With the 15% transaction fee, you cant do it profitabily unless you sneak it for < 34K.

Incidentally, the prices on the gem auction house are now nearly in line with what it costs to craft.

Lets say that Flawless Squares are worth $1000.

To Make a PSquare, its $3000 + $30K in vendor costs + 3 Tomes of secrets, which last time I checked were worth 300 bucks or so...  the total cost to you is ~$34K.  15% to the auction house == 39.1K, which is just around where the price is hovering for most of the gems.

You can make a slight profit, but not an outragous one... and for all that button pressing, you could be out slaying demons instead.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

hjackson

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2012, 02:40:51 am »

I have Diablo 3 and it sure is a lot nice when compared to the other games I have been playing recently.

Well there might be some bias to it because of a number of friends who are in the same game as well but I really think that it is enjoyable, for me at least.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.