Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32  All

Author Topic: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters GAME OVER Mafia Wins!  (Read 95381 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 1)
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 09:51:17 pm »

Ah, but which is more suspicious?  To make a comical comment about the "initial killing"... or to jump on that comment right away and describe it as "showing motive?"  My two coppers are on the latter, but I'd like to hear your rebuttal, Galzria (and the thoughts of others as well).

Only if the latter comment was said with a straight face, and not meant to be comical as well.

Besides, the last known owner of "copper" was newly dead Axxle. Care to explain how you came into possession of them?

Yes, Axxle had two Coppers that he bought the Duchess with. Wait, no, he gained it when he bought the Duchy.
But he had to buy the Duchy...
I think it was the Duchess. Maybe se liked the Duke better, and she plans to run away to the city where she can marry the Duke and live happily ever after.

See? Maybe it's just that you're a fellow solo-challenge hoster, but I hold no suspicions of you. You're too nice to be a Mafia.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »

Now, (since I can't edit this into my last post...), where is the rest of town? Let's hear some more chatter.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 09:55:25 pm »

Hello, everyone! I am very excited to be involved in another Mafia game. Seriously in love with Mafia, here.

Morgrim... I've been trying to place your name. I think I have it. Are you named after the evil wolf in Neverending Story? The one who Atreyu kills in a grotto by the sea coast?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »

Who would want the duchess now? No one wants her for free, seems to me the murderer must have had another motive!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »

Hello, everyone! I am very excited to be involved in another Mafia game. Seriously in love with Mafia, here.

Morgrim... I've been trying to place your name. I think I have it. Are you named after the evil wolf in Neverending Story? The one who Atreyu kills in a grotto by the sea coast?
No, but you are getting close with wolf...
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 10:02:59 pm »

But not the evil part? Curious and curiouser!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:15 pm »

Who would want the duchess now? No one wants her for free, seems to me the murderer must have had another motive!
Like I said. It is the Duchess. Of course nobody wants her for freebecause Duchess is a horrible cardexcept for the Duke.He would take her for free. That would mean he gets a Duchy, one more VP under his belt, and the love of his life in one neat little package. Who wouldn't go for that? For just 5 Coppers?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

Nevermind. I was thinking of Gmork... Suspicious!!! (Not really).

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »

But not the evil part? Curious and curiouser!
Well, I guess the character was evil...

Mad, I tell you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 10:15:50 pm »

So I was sitting in the town chapel where many of the townies including myself were grieving over the loss of Axxle. Considering why there is a trash bin with a sign saying "Throw your sins in here". and it became clear to me I haven't seen Tables, jotheonah, or bozzball since the incident happened. Thoughts to ponder!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2012, 10:34:39 pm »

So I was sitting in the town chapel where many of the townies including myself were grieving over the loss of Axxle. Considering why there is a trash bin with a sign saying "Throw your sins in here". and it became clear to me I haven't seen Tables, jotheonah, or bozzball since the incident happened. Thoughts to ponder!
Hmmm....
A while ago I  was visiting the Trading Post and the man there  gave me a discount on my Curse and Copper that the Mountebank had sold me. We got to talking about the recent murder, and he said that he hadn't hear from Tables, jotheonah, or bozzball lately...
Yes, this is another post asking for more comment.

Mad, I tell you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2012, 10:36:16 pm »

I too would appreciate more comments, though I haven't commented all that much either. And I have to go dark for a couple hours. I accuse all of you! All of you! Defend yourselves!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:05 am »

Everyone is jokingly accused and the down becomes made of ghosts. Either that or some evil unleashed the hells upon the world and I'm posting this while installing...

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:17 am »

Everyone is jokingly accused and the down becomes made of ghosts. Either that or some evil unleashed the hells upon the world and I'm posting this while installing...

TOWN

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 03:46:28 am »

Down made of ghosts sounds very soft.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 05:30:40 am »

Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question here, but how are we supposed to choose a suspect? Should we all name a $4 card? I name Salvager. But how's this supposed to help?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 05:51:25 am »

I have an alibi! I was meeting with some Horse Traders on the Wharf when it went down. I have a Trusty Steed in my Stables who I didn't have yesterday, so that should corroborate my story. Unfortunately, the Traders' Merchant Ship has already departed.

Quote from: Insomniac on May 14, 2012, 09:56:38 pm
Like I said. It is the Duchess. Of course nobody wants her for freebecause Duchess is a horrible cardexcept for the Duke. He would take her for free. That would mean he gets a Duchy, one more VP under his belt, and the love of his life in one neat little package. Who wouldn't go for that? For just 5 Coppers?

So the question before us is this: Who in town is secretly a Duke? Someone who can afford down made of ghosts perhaps??
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 06:26:55 am »

And in case you all would prefer an IRL alibi (though I'm digging the Dominion talk) I spent the day sightseeing and hanging out in Chicago and was so tired I went right to bed when I got home. And then I woke up at like 4 am with crippling insomnia and came here. In the future I won't be posting at this weird time probably. And now I really am going back to bed.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:31 am »

In the interest of stimulating discussion, though, I will point out that we've heard nothing from Kildeous since he made a move on the Duchess, right out of the gate, while Axxle's body was not even cold.

He/him

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 07:08:28 am »

Good morning people.

Could it really be that there was a murder, here? Of all the evil, wicked... Perhaps Axxle and the other nobles have made a fool of us, but murder, that's really a bit extreme.

Now, I think it's far too early to be finger pointing based on who's been here taking or not. The murder was only 9 1/2 hours ago, and I for one went to bed just before it happened, and so have had no chance to start the discussions yet. I think it's most likely though that someone's Minion is to blame for this, perhaps even multiple minions, sent out in succession, some to collect money, some to... kill. But whose Minion was it? Maybe we should enlist the help of a Spy to try and find out, or perhaps we should focusing on preventing future murders by building a Moat, or a Watchtower, or... I don't know.

With so little to go on right now, all I can say is that bozzball's contributions so far have seemed the least useful. Suspicious? Probably not. Worth discussing? Well, unless we can think of something better to discuss...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 07:25:25 am »

It's true, I tend not to say very useful stuff. Mathematician, you see.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2012, 08:05:47 am »

In the interest of stimulating discussion, though, I will point out that we've heard nothing from Kildeous since he made a move on the Duchess, right out of the gate, while Axxle's body was not even cold.

Hey, I haven't made a move on her yet. I was just feeling things out.

But if it's in poor taste, I'll let her grieve.

So, what is the waiting period for a widowed duchess? Like 3 days?

Boy, show an interest in a widow, and people go all Hamlet on you.
A man has no signature

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:30 am »

It's true, I tend not to say very useful stuff. Mathematician, you see.

But surely you can harness the power of maths to help us catch the killer?

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2012, 08:10:09 am »

noooes.. I am away for forums for 2 days and I miss an awesome game to sign up for.  :'(

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2012, 08:30:55 am »

Boy, show an interest in a widow, and people go all Hamlet on you.

BTW, including a Dominion card in that last post was pure happenstance, but since it happened, BWAHAHA.
A man has no signature
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.