Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]  All

Author Topic: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters GAME OVER Mafia Wins!  (Read 95235 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters (Day 3)
« Reply #775 on: June 01, 2012, 11:32:07 pm »

Another quick thought (and in light of the Avatars thread): During the creation of my mammoth posts day 3, I wanted to yell a HUGE thank you to the people with Avatars. Made post hunting SO much easier. So I highly encourage everybody who plays to take 5 minutes to grab one.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 01, 2012, 11:34:33 pm »

Well, gg everyone. Thanks especially to Axxle for a great game.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 01, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »

Sorry you went early Morgrim! I know that's never desirable or fun. You were a good sport about it, and I HIGHLY look forward to playing more games with you in the future.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 02, 2012, 02:18:29 am »

A last thought I had Galz. Say volt and yourself hadn't killed me before jotheonah switched to robz. Would you have hammered robz or waited to see what volt did.

Also if anyone's curious the reason I didn't counterclaim aside from not being a role was that i saw it making me a night kill and then showing up as a liar on day 4 which I don't think would have helped as it would have incriminated g (who I thought was town) and j (who I also thought was town. Just less so)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 02, 2012, 02:18:56 am »

An aside. I'll get an avatar before m4 goes live
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 02, 2012, 02:23:11 am »

A last thought I had Galz. Say volt and yourself hadn't killed me before jotheonah switched to robz. Would you have hammered robz or waited to see what volt did.

Also if anyone's curious the reason I didn't counterclaim aside from not being a role was that i saw it making me a night kill and then showing up as a liar on day 4 which I don't think would have helped as it would have incriminated g (who I thought was town) and j (who I also thought was town. Just less so)

Well, yes you shouldn't have counter-claimed, because you were a townie. I thought you might counter-claim because you were the only person who could possibly have a role. Which is why I came out with it before you could.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 02, 2012, 02:26:33 am »

Yes, Insomniac, I would've. I actual didn't think J would change his vote, and that worked well for me. Had I felt the need to hammer Rob (If V had cast there), I wanted someone left on the outside.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 02, 2012, 02:29:24 am »

Oh, wait, sorry! Misunderstood. Would I have voted with J? No. I felt I had split V and J well enough that they would play me for the deciding vote (as J pointed out when he switched before seeing my vote).

Mafia Record:

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 02, 2012, 02:55:38 pm »

So... yeah.

I got a guilty on Robz night 1 - After reading, he was my prime suspect due to his general behaviour and also gut feeling, with Voltgloss and Galzria not far behind - Volt because I found some of his reasoning for voting Morgrim EXTREMELY suspect and forced, Galzria for constantly talking about what the mafia wants to do, something townies don't really want or need to do much.

My notes are here, although I stopped updating after night 1. I'd say be careful as I might pick you out on things, but you joined a game of mafia, so you should be expecting it...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2012, 02:59:01 pm »

So... yeah.

I got a guilty on Robz night 1 - After reading, he was my prime suspect due to his general behaviour and also gut feeling, with Voltgloss and Galzria not far behind - Volt because I found some of his reasoning for voting Morgrim EXTREMELY suspect and forced, Galzria for constantly talking about what the mafia wants to do, something townies don't really want or need to do much.

My notes are here, although I stopped updating after night 1. I'd say be careful as I might pick you out on things, but you joined a game of mafia, so you should be expecting it...

Well, we were very lucky then. So glad Galzria convinced me we should kill you! I think I wanted to kill Kuildeous.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2012, 03:01:08 pm »

Wow, great stuff Tables. I feel 100% now that my choice night 1 was right in killing you. ;D

Mafia Record:

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia II: Of Goons and Woodcutters GAME OVER Mafia Wins!
« Reply #786 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:35 pm »

I was actually quite relieved when I got lynched. I don't know that I could have handled arguing through Day 3. Day 2 was intense enough.

I have to agree that Mafia II wasn't as exciting as Mafia I. Maybe it was because we never got to use our town role. I'm sure part of it was that I'm not well-suited to Mafia-by-forum games. It brings out my inner conspiracy theorist. I could never conclude that anyone was definitely Town. The closest I got was that I was leaning toward Insomniac being Town with his support in Day 2 and toward Galzria being Town because his hammering seemed so transparently Mafia that I couldn't believe he would be Mafia, so nice double-bluff there.

All that being said, I don't think I could do another Mafia game again. With the roles, things were rolling pretty well in Mafia I. In Mafia II, it really did feel like everything we did was random. And judging by our voting records, it might as well have been random. I was getting a strong feel for Robz being Mafia since he did change his tune, but it was hard to convince everyone of that. By joining Insomniac in his quest to hang Robz, I only cemented the possibility of an Insomniac-Kuildeous alliance, which it actually turned out to be...only on the side of good. I had hoped that when the townies realized their mistake that they would give Insomniac's accusation more weight. Robz and Galzria were able to deflect that pretty well, though.

I did find a tell in the Mafia that I only caught after Axxle locked the thread. I really wish it hit me sooner so I could have posted my final accusations. I noticed that Galzria and Robz were the only ones to state that bozzball was 100% town. As I recall, the others were pretty positive that bozzball was town but did not state it as emphatically as those two.

Well done. I don't regret playing, but it definitely was not my type of game. It was vexing me too much.
A man has no signature

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 04, 2012, 01:17:51 pm »

Sorry about going at you so much K. I'm not sure if you would've been happier or not with Robz wanting to lynch you night 1. I really didn't target you, or anybody else prior to day 2 starting. I just let my thoughts flow in my first full post, and honestly, as Robz mentioned about Morgrim, there probably was a part of me that DID believe my own words: You just had to be Mafia!

I very much enjoyed having you here, even if I was a bit unfair towards you (side note: as I'm a dead townie in M-III, I can emphatically say, being town SUCKS compared to Mafia!)

You could try Resistance if there is another game. I'm finding it MUCH slower, relaxed, and more informational based on gameplay, not just reads. Plus, you're in the game until it ends!

Off-topic, how was Origins? C'mon, spill!

Mafia Record:

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:27 pm »

No hard feelings, Galzria. This goes for all of you.

I see the nature of the game. Mafia needs to persecute innocent people. And the innocent people don't even know who is safe (unless you're a cop that doesn't get targeted in Day 1). So, I can't really blame the others for jumping on the bandwagon. After all, the only thing I could do was to state my innocence, which is what 100% of the players are already doing.

I was trying to withhold thoughts and lure people into traps, but it was just too difficult in a forum game. Like I said, it is incredibly easy to make convincing arguments when you have the time to reread your post. That also means rereading my posts and identifying the traps. If it was face-to-face, I'm sure it would have been easier to make the Mafia slip up.

Then I read that it benefits the town to talk as much as possible. I was dubious, but I went with it, no longer withholding anything and sharing all of my thoughts. I guess a typical player probably would not have been as scattered as I was, and that was my undoing. Lesson learned.
A man has no signature

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 04, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »

That last posting was horribly off-topic. I have requested the mods to branch it into a more appropriate forum.
A man has no signature

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 07, 2012, 07:47:38 am »

Apologies to all for not being more present in the game. Really was lost and had no idea how to judge people.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 07, 2012, 08:49:09 am »

Apologies to all for not being more present in the game. Really was lost and had no idea how to judge people.

It's all cool. I suspect that, like me, you never played one of these in a forum format. I know I had no idea how much reading this would entail. It looks like the games just keep getting longer. We surpassed Mafia I in page count. Mafia III and Mafia IV have already surpassed this game, and they don't even have a second lynching yet. I'm really glad I didn't hop into either of those games.

And I had no idea how to vote either. I could technically claim the high road in that I was not a part of Morgrim's lynching, but that wouldn't really be true. I didn't lynch him only because I was waiting. I picked up that a lynching was necessary, so I was willing to cast that vote. Morgrim just beat me to it.
A man has no signature

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 07, 2012, 10:02:35 am »

I'm bummed that I just got hammered without an opportunity to say "And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you mangy kids and your dog!"
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:00 am »

I'm bummed that I just got hammered without an opportunity to say "And I would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you mangy kids and your dog!"

LOL, but I think insomniac would modkill you for posting while dead.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 07, 2012, 10:09:35 am »

You can talk in twilight.  He'd already be hammered, can't get killed twice.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 07, 2012, 10:14:21 am »

You can talk in twilight.  He'd already be hammered, can't get killed twice.

Sorry - was joking, but we're still not supposed to talk.  I got slapped for posting in the M3 discussion.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 07, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Whoops, I was confused by what game he was talking about.  That's what I get for posting before breakfast.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 19 queries.