Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Dominion intrudes on real life  (Read 42429 times)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Dominion intrudes on real life
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:12 am »

The TF2 analogy is a little tortured.  Scout is quite powerful and one of the mainstays of competitive 6v6 because of his speed and damage rampup.  He's balanced because he needs to be in close to do maximum damage, but is weak enough HP-wise that moving in close is difficult to do.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »
+4

The TF2 analogy is a little tortured. 

I just read that and thought, "Waiting for analogy to be tortured..."

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 01:40:49 pm »

I'm currently reading the Bible through for the 6th time. Do you know how many times it mentions the word "dominion"? A concordance I have shows it 13 times.  (That's kind of ironic seeing my name on isotropic is aaron0013)
I have also found quite a few other words that are found in the old and new testaments including: City, Witch, Familiar, Thief, Spy, Silver, Gold, Duke, Nobles, Tribute, Curse, Gardens, Island, Vineyard, Possession, Feast, Market, Diadem, Harvest, Inn, Steward, Monument, and Ambassador.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »
+1

Other things. Here in Finland there's a shop that sells orcanic products named Runsaudensarvi (Horn of Plenty) and a shop that sells home appliance named Musta Pörssi (Black Market).

When I moved to my city I asked a girl who lived here her two favorite bars and she said "The Bishop and the Garden." Not a Dominion player. Turns out there's a bar called The Courtyard on the same street as those two.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 10:12:50 pm »

I'm currently reading the Bible through for the 6th time. Do you know how many times it mentions the word "dominion"? A concordance I have shows it 13 times.  (That's kind of ironic seeing my name on isotropic is aaron0013)
I have also found quite a few other words that are found in the old and new testaments including: City, Witch, Familiar, Thief, Spy, Silver, Gold, Duke, Nobles, Tribute, Curse, Gardens, Island, Vineyard, Possession, Feast, Market, Diadem, Harvest, Inn, Steward, Monument, and Ambassador.

Not really surprising considering the game is based on ancient times.

i read the bible once, the old testament is excellent, but the new is soooo boring
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:34 pm »
+1

I just turned a page in the novel I'm reading, in the middle of a passage where a prince is musing about the realm he rules; the first line at the top of the page is about how the nation contains "a network of cities and mines and farmlands and trade-routes...".

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +236
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 01:01:15 am »
+11

I just turned a page in the novel I'm reading, in the middle of a passage where a prince is musing about the realm he rules; the first line at the top of the page is about how the nation contains "a network of cities and mines and farmlands and trade-routes...".

that's not a very good deck
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 05:33:23 am »

And also terrible english!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:26 pm »
+1

That is also terrible english!
fxd4u incomplete sentence.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:32 am »
+1

It seems like every day I find myself behind a Grand Caravan, wondering if it gives 2 cards a turn and costs $5 with no copper or what.

As a cashier, I also see lots of Venture credit cards, which usually hit enough coin to make the target.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:07 am »

every time i see "Warehouse 13", i mentally erase the 1.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:22 am »
+2

Ahh outdated English teacher practices. There is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with 'And' (or even 'But')

If it's good enough for the King James Bible, Shakespeare and Chaucer it's good enough for me!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2012, 05:47:29 am »
+2

Ahh outdated English teacher practices. There is nothing wrong with starting a sentence with 'And' (or even 'But')

If it's good enough for the King James Bible, Shakespeare and Chaucer it's good enough for me!
There is nothing wrong with beginning a sentence with 'And' or 'But', but the sentence you wrote didn't have a subject and verb.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2012, 05:51:26 am »
+1

There is nothing wrong with beginning a sentence with 'And' or 'But', but the sentence you wrote didn't have a subject and verb.

That is because it was an addition to the quoted sentence above, that is why it was quoted. It's like a third person jumping in on a conversation between two other people:

"a network of cities and mines and farmlands and trade-routes...".
"that's not a very good deck"
"And also terrible english!"

(you could have at least capitalised the E on english!)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:33 am »
+1

That is because it was an addition to the quoted sentence above, that is why it was quoted. It's like a third person jumping in on a conversation between two other people:

Ahhhh, I see. Anyway, I wasn't the one that wrote the word "English" in the first place!

Mad, I tell you.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2012, 06:08:28 am »
+1

Ahhhh, I see. Anyway, I wasn't the one that wrote the word "English" in the first place!

Yeah, I did. I was saying if you were going to try to correct my spelling and grammar, the least you could have done is capitalise the e!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2012, 06:18:52 am »
+1

Well, the least you could have done is capitalize correctly in the first place! 

Mad, I tell you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2012, 06:19:09 am »
+1

This is going nowhere.

Mad, I tell you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:46 pm »

especially because both of you are being unnecessarily pedantic

the original quotation was fine

ozle's line was fine

it's all fine

she/her

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2012, 11:57:12 am »
+2

Welcome to the forum.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2012, 12:08:07 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Cayvie! You should check out forum games. I have a feeling you'd enjoy it.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2012, 05:23:46 pm »
+1

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome, Cayvie! You should check out forum games. I have a feeling you'd enjoy it.
Oh, yes.  ::) ;D

Mad, I tell you.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »

I was just reading in the Canterbury Tales prologue, and for some reason this stuck out to me as Chaucer is describing the knight:

In fifteen mortal battles had he been--
Crusades against the Turk and Saracen;
And fought in tournaments, and won the prize;

Did he win a trusty steed, or possibly some followers.....surely not a princess!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2012, 10:35:23 pm »

I was just reading in the Canterbury Tales prologue, and for some reason this stuck out to me as Chaucer is describing the knight:

In fifteen mortal battles had he been--
Crusades against the Turk and Saracen;
And fought in tournaments, and won the prize;

Did he win a trusty steed, or possibly some followers.....surely not a princess!

that just makes me think of NBC TV Series in the 2000's.

she/her

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2012, 10:40:39 am »

I just learned of a condo called Kings Court.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.