Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: $5's That Make You Open Feast  (Read 10356 times)

Algebraist

• Scout
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
Re: $5's That Make You Open Feast
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
+1

I also assumed (which appears incorrect) that you couldn't use Throne room on Feast because you couldnt trash the same card twice

Indeed you can't trash the card twice. Since the gaining isn't conditional on the trashing, this is irrelevant. This is stated explicitly in the base set rules under feast.

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 07:44:15 pm »

Mint?
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 07:53:04 pm »
+1

Mint?
Not to open! What are you minting?
Actually, usually a big part of the mint is the copper trashing it gets you, though its 'main' effect is quite nice too sometimes.

shMerker

• Duke
  • Respect: +389
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 09:33:29 pm »

Mint?
Not to open! What are you minting?

Fools gold? But I guess then you want the trashing. I was just trying to find an edge case and getting mint with feast is very different from buying it.
"I take no responsibility whatsoever for those who get dizzy and pass out from running around this post."

Piemaster

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 02:18:44 am »
+2

I meant that there would be a semblance of logic, not that it would be a defensible play.

As in, when my mom opens Village/Silver and buys two Smithies turn 3 and 4 to go with it, I'm proud of her for at least having a plan in mind.

But don't forget to tell her that Smithy/Silver is a superior opening, and that, according to simulators, one Smithy and zero Villages are enough when going BM otherwise, discussing the other options on the board for 5 minutes, leaving her with no fun in playing the game. :)

Yeah that's the thing about teaching someone to play.  Often there is so much you want to share with them, but more often than not you're better off just letting them learn the game at their own pace.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.671 seconds with 20 queries.