Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How to coddle together an unfocused deck and still emerge victorious  (Read 1902 times)

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201205/09/game-20120509-214601-86f96e75.html

Farmland, Golem, Great Hall♦, Highway, Market, Menagerie, Peddler, Potion, Salvager, Spice Merchant, Spy, and Young Witch

I open Spice Merchant/Silver seeing menagerie, highway, peddler, salvager and ignoring Young Witch. My opponent opens the highly dubious Great Hall/Young Witch.

The order of my first 6 buys were:
Silver
Spice Merchant
Highway
Great Hall
Farmland (Estate->Salvager)
Nothing

If it seems like I am directionless with these buys... that's because I was. There were two pretty great options on the board: Menagerie-Accelerated Highway/Market with Spice Merchant as the primary trasher, or (once again Menagerie/Spice Merchant enabled) Peddler/Salvager with a market thrown in maybe. Either of these probably empty 8 Provinces in about 16 turns.

I combined the two, ignored menagerie and emptied it in 15 (one trashed by salvager). Still not sure how this worked out...

Comments/SuggestionsthatIgotlucky/13-turn-average-solutions?

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile

The Peddler strategy will not want to rely on Salvager, but on Market. In the late game, Salvager(s) will be important to close out the game quickly, but Markets are very good in that deck in the build-up phase.

Here's a quick and dirty first try which gets 7 in Provinces in 12 turns (missed on turn 13).

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile

The Peddler strategy will not want to rely on Salvager, but on Market. In the late game, Salvager(s) will be important to close out the game quickly, but Markets are very good in that deck in the build-up phase.

Here's a quick and dirty first try which gets 7 in Provinces in 12 turns (missed on turn 13).

1) I'd love to see it but you didn't include a link  :P
2) My opponent opened young witch, which a) gave me one curse and b) got me to buy a great hall on a early turn. Not that your way isn't still quicker, just that it's hard to solo.

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile

Heh, sorry about that. I didn't save the link, either.

Anyway yeah with Young Witch thrown in I don't think anyone is getting 8 Provinces in 13-14 turns without a lot of luck.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile

Highway/Market on its own is very strong with trashing available, and there will probably be a few activated Menageries here and there, too.

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile

I think you probably mean "cobble" and not "coddle"? Those words mean very different things. :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.