Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: {Creative Introduction Pending}  (Read 5547 times)

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
{Creative Introduction Pending}
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:20:09 pm »
+4

Hi:

Now that finals are over I can finally breathe and introduce myself.

I have been playing Dominion since a nice sales clerk at Game Night Games in Salt Lake City introduced it to me December 2010. I bought it for my family at Christmas and was hooked. I now own Intrigue, Hinterlands and Cornucopia.

Favorite Cards: Salvager, Remake, Trader (I really like trashers), Silk Road and Duke
Least Favorite Cards: King's Court, Treasure Map, Smugglers

I am studying to be a Medical Laboratory Scientists (no more classes left, only rotations to go!), live in Salt Lake City, have been married for 1 year and a couple of months, love to hike, read (Dostoevsky, Daniel Quinn, Joseph Heller, Jack Kerouac and J.D. Salinger being my favorite authors), and follow Major League Soccer (that is futbol for you eurosnobs  :P ) and cheer for Real Salt Lake.

I don't play too many other games beside Dominion--I own Carcassone, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride and Bang!, but don't play them nearly as often.

Thanks to theory for the forum and all of you for participating.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:07:00 pm by yuma »

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: {Creative Introduction Pending}
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 08:31:52 am »
+1

kyle beckerman is probably my favorite player in the league.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 09:25:18 am »

Favorite Cards: Salvager, Remake, Trader (I really like trashers), Silk Road and Duke
YOU HATE KING'S COURT!?! :o ??? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like King's Court.  ;)

"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 10:31:57 am »
+1

Meh, King's Court is one of the most least interesting cards in the game. Nothing wrong with disliking it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:30:39 pm »
+2

kyle beckerman is probably my favorite player in the league.

Oh yeah he is a stud. I met him at a farmers' market once. I helped him decide wether a fruit cup was recyclable or not. It was.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:32:19 pm »

YOU HATE KING'S COURT!?! :o ??? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like King's Court.  ;)

King's Court to me makes cards I dislike even more dislikable and makes cards I like less likable. I understand the appeal and in some games it is super fun--Monument for instance--but for the most part it just makes the cards too extreme to enjoy some of the subtleties of the game.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »
+1

Meh, King's Court is one of the most least interesting cards in the game. Nothing wrong with disliking it.

???

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 06:20:59 am »
+1

???
:) +1

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

paddyodoors

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:00:57 pm »
+4

???

sorry, Morgrim, couldn't help myself...

paddyodoors

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 02:05:43 pm »
+1

Hi:

Now that finals are over I can finally breathe and introduce myself.

I have been playing Dominion since a nice sales clerk at Game Night Games in Salt Lake City introduced it to me December 2010. I bought it for my family at Christmas and was hooked. I now own Intrigue, Hinterlands and Cornucopia.

I am studying to be a Medical Laboratory Scientists (no more classes left, only rotations to go!), live in Salt Lake City, have been married for 1 year and a couple of months, love to hike, read (Dostoevsky, Daniel Quinn, Joseph Heller, Jack Kerouac and J.D. Salinger being my favorite authors), and follow Major League Soccer (that is futbol for you eurosnobs  :P ) and cheer for Real Salt Lake.

I don't play too many other games beside Dominion--I own Carcassone, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride and Bang!, but don't play them nearly as often.

Thanks to theory for the forum and all of you for participating.

Dostoevsky rocks.  Very good stuff, I'm pleased to see that you like his work.

Good intro -- nice to "meet" you.   :)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 04:45:49 pm »
+1

Thanks. Crime and Punishment is easily my favorite, although Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot and Demons are all near the top of my reading favorites. I am about to dive into The Gambler and want to read Notes From the Underground but having a hard time finding it anywhere but online. Any other books you would recommend? I have all sorts of free reading time now that it is summer.

paddyodoors

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 05:03:51 pm »

Thanks. Crime and Punishment is easily my favorite, although Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot and Demons are all near the top of my reading favorites. I am about to dive into The Gambler and want to read Notes From the Underground but having a hard time finding it anywhere but online. Any other books you would recommend? I have all sorts of free reading time now that it is summer.

The House of the Dead is a good one, and I recommend it.  But not the easiest to digest.  However, from what you've said so far, my intuition is that you'll be able to handle it.

Other than that, you've hit the best ones there, which is a very good thing.  :D  The only other thing that I could recommend are his short stories, which I find to be truly amazing.  With most of them, he paints such a deep vignette with each of them with words printed on just a handful of pages...

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:57:43 pm »

People actually like Dostoevsky? especially outside of Russia. Well I have learnt something new today!

And nothing wrong with calling it Major League Soccer (which is of course a league of 'football' teams), as long as you dont crown the winners World Champions! *grins*

I'm also not a fan of Kings court that much, as it just seems to make games obvious races for me
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 08:38:58 pm »
+1

???

sorry, Morgrim, couldn't help myself...

Yeah, oops. +1  ;). Notice that I did give +1 here...

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.