Miscellaneous > Introductions

4 days, 0 minutes

(1/35) > >>

Dsell:
Hi, I'm Dsell and I've spent 4 days and 0 minutes looking at this forum (well, a tad more now). Wow. I started playing Dominion a whole bunch in real life back in January, and started reading f.ds and playing on isotropic about the same time in early march. This is a pretty awesome community here and I've learned SO much from the contributions of the members and from playing (well, mostly losing to...) you guys as well.

I love board games of all types (shout out to Cosmic Encounter!) and I really want to try to become a top Dominion player someday. Also, I think it's WAY cool that the master himself, Donald X. frequents the forums. I still pause in reverential awe every time I see one of his posts.

Overall, 4 days well spent!

Galzria:
+1 for Cosmic.  ;D

theory:
I, too, enjoy Cosmic Encounter, though it's a very strange game.  I don't know how to put my finger on it but it's just very ... unique.  In a good way.

--- Quote from: Dsell on May 04, 2012, 01:31:17 am ---Also, I think it's WAY cool that the master himself, Donald X. frequents the forums. I still pause in reverential awe every time I see one of his posts.
--- End quote ---
I think it's fitting because Donald X. happens to also be very, very good at Dominion.  This is not true of all game designers, but is definitely true in this case.

jsh357:

--- Quote from: theory on May 04, 2012, 09:38:55 am ---I, too, enjoy Cosmic Encounter, though it's a very strange game.  I don't know how to put my finger on it but it's just very ... unique.  In a good way.

--- Quote from: Dsell on May 04, 2012, 01:31:17 am ---Also, I think it's WAY cool that the master himself, Donald X. frequents the forums. I still pause in reverential awe every time I see one of his posts.
--- End quote ---
I think it's fitting because Donald X. happens to also be very, very good at Dominion.  This is not true of all game designers, but is definitely true in this case.

--- End quote ---

So now we know Donald X is Doug Z and possibly WW.  Man, who else could he be?

Dsell:

--- Quote from: theory on May 04, 2012, 09:38:55 am ---I, too, enjoy Cosmic Encounter, though it's a very strange game.  I don't know how to put my finger on it but it's just very ... unique.  In a good way.

--- End quote ---

It seems to really depend on the group you play with. In a lively group, it's crazy and extremely tense nearly every time. But I agree, I think it's unique in that you can gang up on the leader, occasionally has glaring balance issues, and sometimes you never even get a turn...and it's still great. A few house rules (we play with double powers, hidden until used) can really enhance the game too.

I think what I love most about that game is that it's so very different each time, keeping the flavor and interactions fresh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version