Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Moving the legend on card comparison  (Read 10098 times)

ShuffleNCut

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Moving the legend on card comparison
« on: July 07, 2011, 07:05:17 am »

THIS is an extreme example of what I'm referring to.  Usually you won't have nearly that many cards compared but here you can't see the first five turns AT ALL due to the legend.  I tried using a few browsers and it's the same on all.  Even for something as simple as THIS the legend blocks a bunch of data.

Is there a way to move the legend elsewhere on the graph or off to the side completely?  On a scale of 'Absolutely Critical' to 'What Were We Talking About?' I would probably rate this as a 'Irrelevantly Annoying'...

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Moving the legend on card comparison
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:53:08 am »

Moving it off the graph isn't super easy.  I am (edit: NOT) sure there is a single corner to hardcode the location that works well.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:22 pm »

I think the bottom right corner is generally the best corner. Definitely, the left side of the graph more commonly holds the more interesting information. Most games don't go to turn 30-something, and the trends don't change much in the late part of the graph anyway.

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:05:21 pm »

While I do appreciate that detecting the best corner per-graph would be unreasonably hard, I feel like upper-left is probably the worst choice of the four. If I had to pick I'd go with HME's suggestion of lower-right.

Have you considered moving the legend off the graph entirely? It's less pretty but more usable.

edit: Oh, I see, you say moving it off the graph is hard, not just that detecting the best corner is hard. Well, I'd say it's worth it unless it's really hard. The way it works right now there's interesting data that is completely inaccessible in some graphs (particularly winningness by turn).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:08:18 pm by guided »

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:49 am »

I moved the legend to the bottom right.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.