Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Perhaps I should have started here  (Read 1392 times)

Big Tuna

• Swindler
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Perhaps I should have started here
« on: May 02, 2012, 10:27:59 pm »
+2

Hi, I'm Big Tuna though I'd likely change my name on occasion if Council Room would recognize all my names as one entity.

I work in a factory as a finisher of wood crown moldings and various kitchen and bath trinkets.

I was in love with SW:CCG back in the day and hope to one day devote some time to turning those dusty cards into some kind of deck-building game. I missed playing Star Wars and when Dominion came out I was very tempted but I couldn't pull the trigger because I didn't know if I could be enthused by a game about building a deck. I would like to build the deck then do something with it afterward. I don't know what got into me during the winter of 2010-11 (perhaps a lengthy plant shutdown that saw me at house for 3 straight weeks) but when I saw that I could get into Dominion with the Amazon Big Box for relatively cheap I went for it. But I didn't stop there, I bought Seaside and Intrigue as well dropping $125(?) on a game that I had thoroughly researched and still was feeling lukewarm about.

From that start over the next 6 months I gradually introduced each set until I was caught up with the rest of the Dominion playing public with the arrival of Cornucopia. I was fully aware of Isotropic when I started and I was fully aware that if I got on it I would not leave so I stayed away so I could actually enjoy the early naivete with my fellow game group.

I'm not as good as my rank says because I primarily play 3 player games which I believe restrains stronger players better than a 2 player game does. I am regularly beaten by people of my same level playing in 1v1.

My biggest trap cards (those I'm lured to when I see them on the board and usually lead to my demise) are likely Tunnel and Bishop though it appears my stats for Bishop are getting stronger. Occasionally, I'll veto them just to releave myself the temptation. Do you have any trap cards?

paddyodoors

Re: Perhaps I should have started here
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »

Hi, I'm Big Tuna though I'd likely change my name on occasion if Council Room would recognize all my names as one entity.

I work in a factory as a finisher of wood crown moldings and various kitchen and bath trinkets.

Hi!  Nice to "meet" you.  ;D
Your work sounds cool.
I totally agree about CouncilRoom and identity tracking.

Do you have any trap cards?

Probably Quarry.  It seems like every game I buy that card I lose.  So often, though, it looks totally viable.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.