Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fool's Gold/Possession interaction  (Read 2178 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4384
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Fool's Gold/Possession interaction
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:33:48 am »
+7

So, I was thinking this morning, you have to play your fool's golds manually. Which implies to me, even though it probably shouldn't, that there's some reason you might not want to play them all. Then a reason hit me. You're possessing player Y. He has 5 FG in hand. You play three, and then buy a province. Y gains a province, so you gain the province, so then his FG trigger, so then you can also choose to 'trash' them and gain two gold? Right? This works, right?
This would be awesome if it ever happened, BTW.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
Re: Fool's Gold/Possession interaction
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:26:18 am »

Certainly willing to try it if someone wants to play it sometime; alas, solo isn't going to do it.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:43:08 am »

Wow, you're definitely right! That's pretty awesome.

And just to preempt those who may ask the question: The Fool's Golds you gain will NOT go on top of your deck; they will go in your discard.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »

Another cool reason would be if you had some weird deck that you could draw every turn where you amassed 3 FG but had no +buys. You play two FG, buy a Mint and soon enough are KC'ing the Mint to gain more FG/turn than you could have otherwise. This one is somehow even more farfetched than WW's idea, though.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »

Another cool reason would be if you had some weird deck that you could draw every turn where you amassed 3 FG but had no +buys. You play two FG, buy a Mint and soon enough are KC'ing the Mint to gain more FG/turn than you could have otherwise. This one is somehow even more farfetched than WW's idea, though.

But that reasoning works with any Treasure, not just FG, and the fact that SOME Treasure autoplays implys that this reasoning is too farfetched to matter.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »

But that reasoning works with any Treasure, not just FG, and the fact that SOME Treasure autoplays implys that this reasoning is too farfetched to matter.

Right, it's often important to manually play treasure when buying mint, even if it would autoplay ordinarily. But in a province game with no +buy, why go for the mint? 3 FG is enough to buy province and if you draw your whole deck every turn the mint would be a waste of time. Even in a colony game, buying one more FG is faster than mint. Wouldn't mint and excessive FG clog your engine anyway?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.