Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crazy Remake Strategy Works  (Read 1822 times)

david707

• Baron
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
Crazy Remake Strategy Works
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

Setup: Colony, Counting House, Fortune Teller, Gardens, Horse Traders, Loan, Menagerie, Platinum, Remake, Scout, Smugglers, and Trade Route
Looking at the setup, I saw there were no +2 Actions and no powerful $5 cards. Platinum/Colony made me think it'd be a long game. I open Silver/Remake and end up playing a strategy involving 2 remakes and lots of remaking. My opponent opens Horse Traders/Trade Route seems to go for a trade route strategy. I win 63-36 getting 6 of 8 Colonies. I remake remake into counting house and the counting house into gold. Anyway, I think I played quite well and this was different then how I usually use remake. I will certainly consider trying to remake to gold more often. Can anyone see a better strategy for this board? Constructive criticism on my play is also welcomed.
Log: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201107/06/game-20110706-154937-05c9c3f6.html

ShuffleNCut

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Remake Strategy Works
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 04:31:32 am »

Remake is one of the only cards with which you can go through an entire 15+ turn game and only buy something on half your turns.  As you demonstrated you can skip over a lot of the early money buys and simply thin your deck to play more remakes.  You beat BM/Colony by a good five turns.

Anon79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:22:05 am »

If your plan is to trash fast in the beginning without regard for buying, would Remake/Loan have been better than Remake/Silver?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:27:04 am »

Loan/remake seems better. You could also have remade the estates into menageries and then remade cards with more variety to fuel bigger draws.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.