Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Sea Hag and the King (no king's court)  (Read 887 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
The Sea Hag and the King (no king's court)
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:48:20 am »
+1

Not sure if this should go under, dear my opponent I am sorry.
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201204/30/game-20120430-223416-4fa15114.html

The sea hag and the king

Once upon a time there was an ugly sea hag and a powerful king. The sea hag wanted to be a beautiful princess so, after jingling some copper, she decided she would take a potion to become a beautiful princess. Unfortunately this sea hag was also a bit of a klutz and, as a result, whenever she got near a potion knocked it over and cursed it, she was persistent though, and though she never got the potion, succeeded in knocking it over every time she came up (9/11/12/14). eventually she got sick and tired of knocking over potions and decided to harass the local alchemist instead (18). Soon she realized she was getting low on curse supply so sent out her local goons in order to buy some curses (turns 21 and 22) upon buying these curses 3 piles ran out and despite the evil king having every single apothecary and alchemist (as well as 2 vineyards) the sea hag won.

For those not story inclined, my sea hags hits jonts copper once than proceeds the next 4 times to hit one of jont's potions. Jont's has an unstoppable alchemist stack going, and has bought out the apothecaries. Vineyards are on the board, my only way to win is to use the extra buys from my goons to finish out the curse pile, cutting the game short before jonts gains an insurmountable lead.

Not amazing play on either my or my opponent's side (strategy for me, endgame play for him) but a pretty hilarious game regardless.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: The Sea Hag and the King (no king's court)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:54:12 am »

Yeah I really had no right losing this game. But I wasn't even paying attention to piles. Whoops. Anyway, yeah. That sea hag was not kind.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.