Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FishingVillage's Showboating Theatre  (Read 1174 times)

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
FishingVillage's Showboating Theatre
« on: July 06, 2011, 06:58:49 pm »
+1

Hi folks! Rather than flooding the forum with all of my noteworthy games, I decided to put them all into one thread for maximum concentrated amusement. Marvel in the stupidly long action chains that I always seem to favor over sensible deck building, laugh at the missteps I take in determining the right buys for any particular board!

You can always see the games I've played here, but I'll post some here that are a little more special to me. If anyone's willing to discuss anything cool, any comboes I should've tried, or what mistakes I've made and how to correct them, I'd be happy to read up on any constructive post. If my formatting or writing needs any fixing, I won't mind reading about that too! Just as a heads up, I purposefully make the little blurbs as minimal as possible since I usually don't want to spoil the games.

Chancellor's a decent guy after all
================================================
He needed some help from friends, but it turns out Chancellor helps me pull ahead very quickly. My opponent tries a similar strategy, but it only works half as good for two turns. It's a pretty bland game overall but it was the one instance that I'd buy Chancellor over Silver.

Looking forward to it
I end up with the fattest deck in the game, but I was able to play through it much faster than my opponents could through their own. Coppers were a good investment this time around!

Brutality!
This was overall a pretty one sided match involving my favoritest card in the game (and as it turns out on councilroom statistics, it's nearly everyone else's favoritest as well). I think this was one instance that my opponent did an about face on his/her screen name (sure seemed like it in the chat log).

Curses, Curses Everywhere
Whoops! I play conservatively and lose big on this game. I try going for a very slow build up, spreading out my money over a variety of cards, but nomadic quickly squashes me. In retrospect, I'm not sure what the ruling is but if I've played Tactician I should probably just choose to discard cards every time (even when I'm at 0 cards) and draw the 5 from Tactician for a normal turn (so that I don't eat Curses all day).

You're too slow!
Another one of my more embarassing moments. Meg goes straight for a big money deck and I can't buy fast enough to keep up. I seemed pretty sure of a win at first, but I only started worrying when meg got her second Province, which was way too late by that point.

Go Big, Then Go Home
This is probably the tiniest deck I've ever played with :) Not sure where it went wrong for either of my opponents, but I was more than happy to buy a Province per turn for five straight turns.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.