Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Conspirator  (Read 24476 times)

tko

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: Conspirator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 03:32:00 pm »

I have here a log of a game that lacked any village effects, but had good enough trashing and secondary enablers (Bishop, Hunting Party, and Warehouse) that I successfully played the Conspirator engine anyway.

Cards in supply: Colony, Platinum, Bank, Bishop, Conspirator, Expand, Haven, Horn of Plenty, Hunting Party, Salvager, Smugglers, and Warehouse
To have the presence of mind to not trash a Copper so you could buy a Hunting Party is amazing. I would auto-pilot and trash the Copper... but during the buy-phase regret it.  Good forseight.
   — Josientje's turn 4 —
   Josientje plays a Bishop.
   ... getting +$1 and +1 ▼.
   ... Josientje trashes a Copper.
   ... Auroch trashes nothing.       Josientje plays 3 Coppers.
   Josientje buys a Silver.
   (Josientje reshuffles.)
   (Josientje draws: an Estate, 2 Coppers, a Conspirator, and a Silver.)

— Auroch's turn 5 —

Auroch plays a Bishop.
... getting +$1 and +1 ▼.
... Auroch trashes an Estate and gets +1 ▼.
... Josientje trashes a Copper.
Auroch plays a Silver and 2 Coppers.
Auroch buys a Hunting Party.
(Auroch draws: a Warehouse, 3 Coppers, and a Conspirator.)

Auroch

• Steward
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 12:28:00 pm »

As a rule of thumb, never be on auto-pilot. And $5s are important.

Anon79

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 03:08:38 am »

To have the presence of mind to not trash a Copper so you could buy a Hunting Party is amazing. I would auto-pilot and trash the Copper... but during the buy-phase regret it.  Good forseight.   
Generally, I am at my most alert on Turns 3 to 7 of any game, since this is the time when you have most definite knowledge of your deck and the hands to come. This applies doubly so to mirror Bishop games, since in my experience it is seldom trivial whether to trash on your opponent's Bishops or not!

dan11295

• Navigator
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »

I played a 4 player in-person game with the following cards, Platinum+Colony were in play:

Great Hall, Trade Route, Throne Room, Conspirator, Thief, Upgrade, Grand Market, Adventurer, Bridge..forget the last was not an attack or a village.

All opened 4-3.  I went with Bridge-Silver. Picked up 1 Conspirator, 1 Upgrade and Great Halls when I only had 3 treasure. Upgraded my Estates to Great Hallsm while building a Consirator-Great Hall-Grand Market engine with a couple Throne Rooms. One opponent was kind enough to buy a thief to accelerate my Copper trashing (a move he regretted mid way through the game). Grabbed all 10 Grand Markets!!! bought 7  Colonies before ending it on piles. There was no way to get more than 5 cards in my hand so after I had 4-5 Colonies my hand would get clogged with them before I could draw my deck....

Helped that no one else on the board saw the Conspirator engine there decided to go Trade Route instead..
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.