Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings from Sweden  (Read 4870 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Greetings from Sweden
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:46:41 am »
+5

Hi. I've been around this forum for some months now. Been playing Dominion somewhere between Prosperity and Cornucopia. Being a member of a board game club we played it a lot though, and last year I managed to win the Swedish Nationals and got to represent Sweden at the WM in Essen, where I managed to conquer the 15th place. Since then the players in our area has gotten a lot better and other good players have started to play with us in a real life Dominion League (which Fabian is currently in the lead), so I'm pretty sure it won't be easy to win the nationals this year. It's really fun to be a part of a competitive community, whether it's this online one (which has helped me get better at this game immensely) or IRL.

I tend to play for fun when I'm not playing in tournaments and that's why I might overlook something like Smithy+BM and try to go for Worker's Village+Rabble instead. But then I'm pretty bad at building engines, so I tend to not do very well when I'm not playing some BM variant.

Anyways, get out there and enjoy the game!

CoheedandCambria

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Sweden
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:39 am »

Hello, Lekkit! I played a nice game with you a couple days ago and was glad that finally someone was wanting to have a conversation about it afterwards. When I play on isotropic, I always feel like I'm just playing with a brick wall that can only say gl or gg.

If anyone wants to have a chatty game and you see me online please challenge me! :)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:13:43 am »

I remember you. You were nice. Even if you did win against me. ;)

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:59:44 am »

Since then the players in our area has gotten a lot better and other good players have started to play with us in a real life Dominion League (which Fabian is currently in the lead), so I'm pretty sure it won't be easy to win the nationals this year.
Tell us more!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 05:01:36 pm »

Well, people started to play online, taught their friends to play and thus became better. Some people found out that they liked to play organized play and therefore started a Dominion league at our local game store. We're currently playing one tournament every month with the top 8 players moving on to a final tournament. We recently finished the last of the qualifiers so we've got our top 8 with people like Fabian, luliin, me and hampuse1 playing. It will be fun. And I'm pretty sure there will be a write up from at least one of us when we've finished that.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:02 am »

Hi. I've been around this forum for some months now...

Welcome.  I played against Murplekkit the other day, who claimed to be related to you (can't remember how), and have seen a purplekkit as well.  Do you have the whole family playing online?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 11:47:05 am »
+1

MurpLekkit is my mother and purplekkit is my father. A few years back they moved away from Stockholm (capital of Sweden) but I stayed. A year or so back I went to visit them and got a present from them when I did. This was Dominion Base. Since we brought all the sets that was out at the time they got to keep base and it didn't take long before they also got all the expansions. They were introduced to isotropic and now they play.

My mother actually mentioned playing against you, but not knowing what StarCraft is she got your name really wrong ("Starbucks in Heaven or something like that..."), but when the CR-logs came in she told me it was you. :) Anyways, she said you were nice.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 12:14:11 pm »

MurpLekkit is my mother and purplekkit is my father. A few years back they moved away from Stockholm (capital of Sweden) but I stayed. A year or so back I went to visit them and got a present from them when I did. This was Dominion Base. Since we brought all the sets that was out at the time they got to keep base and it didn't take long before they also got all the expansions. They were introduced to isotropic and now they play.

My mother actually mentioned playing against you, but not knowing what StarCraft is she got your name really wrong ("Starbucks in Heaven or something like that..."), but when the CR-logs came in she told me it was you. :) Anyways, she said you were nice.

Yeah, I enjoyed chatting with her, and I think it's very cool that your parents play. I introduced my dad (who's 76) and his wife to Dominion right after my GF and I found it, and they now have a pool of about 4 couples that get together and play.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »

They should start a cool oldies clan and go to gaming conventions and beat the crap out of everyone else. That would be cool.

I think this shows how great this game is. I know people who are like 15 and love the game. Your father is older than my parents, but they still play. Few games are played by so many different aged people.

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 12:34:39 am »

And I'm pretty sure there will be a write up from at least one of us when we've finished that.

Looking forward to it :)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:54:19 am »

You know that you may be the one to write it, right? ;)

zazas

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 03:04:50 pm »

Hello, i decided to write this here.

I arrived at Sweden Malmo few days ago for international internship program, and i have some free time, so i wanted to ask, is there any board game clubs, or players playing dominion in Malmo city? Would be nice to play alive, im not the very good player, i know the basics, have few expansions in Lithuania, but it still would be fun to play with someone.

Thanks for info if there will be some ^^

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 03:31:14 pm »

I don't know if there are any players in Malmö, unfortunately. However, I do think there is one or two local game stores in the vincinity that you could check out. Try Playoteket. There might be some players there. ;)

hjackson

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 02:44:12 am »

Well hello there! I would like to welcome you to the forum though I am new here as well.

It really is great to have a forum like this that would address everything and anything related to the board game.

Having been a fan for quite a long time already, it really is nice to be able to connect to those who are into it as well, which I think has been a scarcity for the past couple of moments.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.