Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Isotropic on iPad Problem  (Read 5011 times)

HiWay2Hello

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Isotropic on iPad Problem
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:58:41 pm »

I like to use my iPad to play on isotropic.  But I've found that the iPad's Safari browser cannot handle one part of the isotropic interface: dragging cards to new positions when you are trying to reorder cards.  This mainly comes up with Stash, Apothecary, and Cartographer, though there are a few other cards/situations where this can arise as well.  The result is that because I cannot drag and drop, I am stuck with whatever the original/default ordering was.

Am I just missing something about using the iPad for web browsing?  Or is the only solution to just avoid playing games with these cards while I'm on the iPad?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic on iPad Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:01:46 pm »

I've read Doug Z. (who runs Isotropic) commenting on this problem somewhere before. He said there won't be a fix due to Isotropic's lack of permanence. I guess just avoid those cards if you're playing on a mobile device.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:13:12 pm »
+1

I've played with a few people who had this problem. They let me know before hand and I agreed to not reorder my cards either. It takes some self honesty and also lessens the likelyhood of buying those cards but is a possible fix if opponents are willing to compromise.

paddyodoors

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:36:14 am »
+1

I've played with a few people who had this problem. They let me know before hand and I agreed to not reorder my cards either. It takes some self honesty and also lessens the likelyhood of buying those cards but is a possible fix if opponents are willing to compromise.

http://i.qkme.me/3ozczz.jpg

Quadell

• Scout
  • Respect: +107
    • View Profile

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:56 am »

That's nice of you, but I think that's overkill a bit. I play on the iPad all the time; and when one of those cards is in the set; I simply find a strategy where reordering cards is not important. I've never mentioned to my opponent that I can't reorder.

I think it would be very unlikely that you would play a board where a reordering strategy is undefeatable by a non-reordering strategy. Even cards like Cartographer, which is probably the strongest rearranging card, is quite good without the rearranging ability (you wouldn't buy as many of them, though). I'm pretty sure most boards would have an alternative that can compete just fine.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

HiWay2Hello

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:26 pm »

That's a fair point, but sometimes the reordering is unavoidable.  For example, you can't control whether your opponent buys oracle, and his oracles become a tad stronger if you can't reorder the cards you're forced to put back.  Similarly, getting swindled into a reordering card is more damaging for you than if you could use the card's full ability.

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »
+1

http://i.qkme.me/3ozczz.jpg

How did you get my picture?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.