Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 3552 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
Seattle
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:18:31 pm »
+6

Thought I would try a subject different than a salutation.

Based in Seattle. Mid-30s. Former consultant. I now Run a few different online-type businesses (theory- if you ever want help monetizing this site let me know...). Other hobbies include endurance sports (marathons and ironman), and performing stand up comedy.

Discovered dominion when my brother introduced the family last Christmas afternoon. Loved it from the beginning.

Discovered isotropic in early March and the dominion strategy blog soon after. My learning curve for that past 6 weeks has been incredible. The iso tournament has also been great. Focusing on a single expandion every week is really helping me improve (level 26-> 31 pver the last 3-4 weeks). I really appreciate what you guys have built here.

Ed

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:57:03 am »

I get confused whenever I see your posts, because I see you sign it "Ed" and I assume that it's a post that I wrote but forgot about.

Re: monetizing, someone long ago suggested writing up an e-book to publish, as a collection of articles about an expansion or something.  Which seems like a good idea, but then I'd have to write articles on pretty lame cards along with the cool ones.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »

You just need to get other people to write the boring articles for you. Like Tom Sawyer painting the fence.

I'm sooo excited to write this article on Woodcutter. Though I guess I can let you write it, even though I want to sooo much.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4381
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »
+1

You just need to get other people to write the boring articles for you. Like Tom Sawyer painting the fence.

I'm sooo excited to write this article on Woodcutter. Though I guess I can let you write it, even though I want to sooo much.
I CALL PEARL DIVER!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 02:33:06 pm »

I CALL PEARL DIVER!
I believe the official term is Dibs.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:04:25 pm »

Funny thing is, theory already wrote an article on Woodcutter:
http://dominionstrategy.com/2010/12/10/dominion-woodcutter/

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »

Do it!  You can replace the current one too :)

PerdHapley

• Thief
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:06:34 pm »

Greetings! Always nice to see a fellow Seattle guy.

Since you're in the area, I have to recommend paying a visit to Cafe Mox in Ballard (https://www.facebook.com/CafeMox) if you like playing the game in real life. Really cool all-ages cafe/bar that has behind-the-counter copies of Dominion and all its expansions (plus tons of other games) and lends them to patrons for free. They're also the only place I've found in the area that reliably carries every set for sale. I go there often despite owning all the sets; it's a great, quiet environment to sit down with a group and a beer and knock out a few games, and you're likely to run into other friendly players willing to join in or chat about strategy. Check it out! And welcome to the forum!

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:36:56 pm »

When I was in Seattle, I went to http://www.bluehighwaygames.com/servlet/StoreFront which I enjoyed quite a bit. 

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 02:37:31 am »

Thanks for the tips. I actually went out to cafe mox to find some sort of container for all the expansions. Found a "sort of" solution there.

Its a very neat space, but when I looked around I didn't see any dominion players. Lots of magic (lots!), carcassone, that train game, and others. But No dominion.

I asked the girl at the front if they ever host tournaments. She said "no", but to email them and if there is enough interest they will. I did, but unsurprisingly haven't heard anything back.

If you ate ever going to be there, let me know and I'll try to swing bybifvim in town.

Ed

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

Since you're in the area, I have to recommend paying a visit to Cafe Mox in Ballard

For those not in the know, Ballard is the center of the known universe.

Man*, I miss Seattle.

*  (apologies to Barsooma for the use of this word)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.