Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: fishing village, councilroom, quarry, bridge, ghost ship game  (Read 975 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201204/18/game-20120418-110626-bca911ff.html
when 5/10 cards are game changers and 3/10 are viable major helpers... the game gets ridiculous.
I'm fairly sure we both misplayed here, given how quick this set should be and given that the game lasted 16 turns, there has to be some ridiculous mega-turn potential going on here. The game consisted (fairly clearly) of us creating dueling engines based on the above core. I'm seriously confused, when I run into this type of engine I just have no idea how to fully milk it's power, how do you go about determing buy order and quantities in this kind of game? 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:02:35 pm by Jfrisch »

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
Re: fishing village, councilroom, quarry, bridge, ghost ship game
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »

mis-think, thanks for that.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: fishing village, councilroom, quarry, bridge, ghost ship game
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 03:04:29 pm »

I'm not an expert, so this attempt to analyze the board is in large part about helping me to think better strategically. I would love to hear better players' responses.

Council Room + Ghost Ship is clearly the combo I want to be playing every turn. +Buy is plentiful, so I definitely want a Quarry. I am thinking that I want to prefer Quarry over Ironworks or Bridge because it will allow me to hit the Council Room faster, so I open Quarry/Fishing Village. I'm looking to pick up a Council Room and a Bridge in my next shuffle, followed by Fishing Villages under $5, Ghost Ship at the first $5, then more Council Rooms and/or Bridges, with FV as necessary to keep the engine humming.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.