Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lookout+Jack  (Read 1552 times)

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
Lookout+Jack
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:45:34 pm »

I've been trying to find a strategy that has Jack in it that beats double Jack.

One idea I had was something like Lookout (to kill coppers) + Festival (disappearing money).

It likely won't work (Jack+Festival doesn't), but I figured it was worth a try. Unfortunately the simulation has Lookout kill Estates instead of Coppers.

I've never tried to change the rules on how a card operates. Is there a primer somewhere to help with that? I imagine, as far as changes go,  this would be a very easy change to make.

Ed

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: Lookout+Jack
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 06:50:57 pm »

It likely won't work (Jack+Festival doesn't), but I figured it was worth a try. Unfortunately the simulation has Lookout kill Estates instead of Coppers.
Jack + Festival indeed does it. Just take the Festival bot, and add a rule to buy up to 2 Jacks ahead of Silver. In fact, Jack + just about $5 card beats double Jack. Again, just add 1-2 Jacks to the bots for the other cards.

I've never tried to change the rules on how a card operates. Is there a primer somewhere to help with that? I imagine, as far as changes go,  this would be a very easy change to make.
You can't do it in Geronimoo's simulator.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Lookout+Jack
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:05:44 pm »
+3

Actually you can but it is tricky. The simulator won't trash a card if you're willing to buy it. However you only want to think about buying it in the action phase, not in the buy phase. Luckily you can specify this with ..

buy estate if still in action phase = 1 (true)
and count in play "jack of all traders" = 0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.