Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Who do you enjoy playing?  (Read 5378 times)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
Who do you enjoy playing?
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:35:36 am »
+1

Inspired by the nemesis thread and being reminded that I played [MAD] Mergus a while back in the second (I think) IsoDom I felt that this forum needs a thread where we talk about people that we enjoy playing.

DISCLAIMER: I generally enjoy playing the game regardless of my opponent. There are a lot of nice people out there, and I feel like I haven't really had the chance to get to know them all as much as I'd sometimes want to. If you want to let me know you, just chat me up in a game some time. ;)

I've got a few people that I get really happy when I'm matched against.

First off is [MAD] Mergus, whom I played in the first round of my first IsoDom. He was super nice and we had a really nice set of games that I really enjoyed. When he got matched against my girlfriend the IsoDom after that he still remembered me, which made me really happy. I've had a few games against him since that, and I get really giddy everytime I see him.

Then we have Davio. He is also super nice and we've had a lot of close games. I think we first got matched up in an IsoDom as well. He currently have more games on me that I on him, but as time goes by I'm pretty sure that will change. ;) I always feel happy when I'm auto-matched against him and I smile every time I see him in the lobby.

Then we have all the people that I've played IRL. Those are always a blast to play against, and it's a totally different feeling from playing some anonymous username that you know probably belong to someone that may be a nice person, but if you've actually met and played the guy/gal, it's a totally different experience. Those people include, but are not limited to, luliin, Fabian, Görling, hampuse1, Bizze, Turambar, Jeebus X. Cripes, AttackHoran, MurpLekkit and purplekkit.

Lastly we have Bubs, who crack me up every time.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: Who do you enjoy playing?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:09:56 am »

I play with WW and Captain_Frisk quite a bit.  I used to do quite well against the two of them, but now they both beat me more often than not.  yaron was someone I played with a lot from BSW days, but who I don't see around very much any more.

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 10:16:31 am »
+5

Anyone who will chat during/after the game.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:22:25 am »
+1

Apart from personal friends...
theory is always good for a chat, and Captain_Frisk is largely the same.
rrenaud's a lot of fun.
I wish I'd played jonts26 more, but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened much. When it has, it's been lots of fun.
And I have to mention lastly (and bestly?) chwhite, though if you believe some of the comments in the other thread, my 4 win lead over him means I 'own' him. Oh yeah, that's 4 games in an overall 101-97-3 record.  :o

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:18 am »

There's several posters on this board whom I've never had the pleasure of playing. :(

I just encountered Bubs for the first time yesterday; I was going to make a post about it but the "people to avoid" thread had been locked... you enjoy playing him??
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:39:19 pm »

It's always a pleasure to get a few games in against WW, of course; we seem to be pretty evenly matched and often pick divergent strategies, which is of course a good thing.  201 games is a lot!

As WW said, Captain_Frisk is always good for a chat.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:07:06 pm »

Apart from personal friends...
theory is always good for a chat, and Captain_Frisk is largely the same.
rrenaud's a lot of fun.
I wish I'd played jonts26 more, but for whatever reason, it hasn't happened much. When it has, it's been lots of fun.
And I have to mention lastly (and bestly?) chwhite, though if you believe some of the comments in the other thread, my 4 win lead over him means I 'own' him. Oh yeah, that's 4 games in an overall 101-97-3 record.  :o

Yeah, we dont play too much. Maybe our play times just don't really line up?

paddyodoors

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

I've played a handful of the frequent posters on here... and I always enjoy it; but for some reason, sometimes I get a sense that the feeling isn't always mutual.  :-/

I haven't played any of the more abrasive or rude people who (rarely) post here on the forums, so if you're reading this and we've played before, know that I truly enjoyed our game, whoever you are.

One that comes to mind is Galzria, who I played against the other evening.  Seemed like a decent chap, that's for sure.

And every so often theory will murder me play a game with me, which is always fun.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:50:45 am by paddyodoors »

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 05:12:13 pm »

I've tried to avoid playing for a few months now, but the following all came to mind as folks I liked to play when I was a regular:

mean mr. mustard, chwhite, theory, yotarou, olneyce, i miss sf

Almost everyone who plays frequently is pleasant, though. I don't much like to talk about the game during the game (absurdist banter is a plus, though, and I'm in the camp of always saying glhf and gg). I also prefer opponents that let me cling to my delusions that I'm winning due to skill instead of luck, and I'm not crazy about post-mortem analysis of games, since I'm usually still too emotionally attached to be objective until at least a few hours have passed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 05:40:42 pm »

I don't really think I've played many forum goers. Paddyodoors and I matched up a short while back in a good game. I generally don't go out of my way to be talkative, but won't clam up either if my opponent initiates conversation. I don't generally use "gg, or glhf", prefering to type them out - A few extra keystrokes isn't going to kill me and it feels a little more proper; a sign of respect if you will. It's worth my time.

I don't like playing people who play inferior strategies when they know that they are, and spend the whole time talking about how much better it is than people think (Think Courtyard+BM loosing to 3x Pirate Ship (no +action) because he hit my first FIVE gold before I ever drew them).

I do enjoy some schadenfreude though. If you can absolute crush me, then props. I'll sit through it. I think I've resigned from 3 games total, 2 I was winning, and all 3 due to reconnect to many times. (Don't try playing from an Android phone).

Lastly as long as you weren't rude or obnoxious for no reason, I probably enjoyed the game (win or lose) even if I don't say so.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:23 pm »

I played four fun games with Captain_Frisk today and we had a great conversation. I went 2-2, which was a huge honor for me against such an esteemed player! I look forward to more games with him (and hopefully more people around the forum) in the future. :)
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 07:07:38 pm »
+1

Anyone who will chat during/after the game.
This.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

ARTjoMS

• Bishop
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »

Captain_Frisk; -Stef-
When a friend of mine sees a girl he finds attractive, he remarks how he'd like to "Throne Room" or "King's Court" her.
- Axe Knight

''Especially regarding such an iconic (and somewhat infamous) name that is known as ARTjoMS.'' - shark_bait is boosting my ego.

foxhurst51

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 02:25:08 pm »

I enjoy when people chat a bit.  Had a nice conversation with elahrairhah13 (??) - people's nick-names are sometimes a good start.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »

I enjoy playing WanderingWinder, if only for the reason I'm always afraid he's taping every game.  :P
This causes me to try to not look like a complete idiot and play with both halves of my brain instead of the usual robot matches.  ;D

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 20 queries.