Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Not a misclick  (Read 8550 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: Not a misclick
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 06:38:27 pm »

You had only 1 Remodel.
Lets see.. You starting hand: KC, TR, Moat, Colony (1 down cause of Cutpurse). You KC a TR instead other way around because who wants to play Moat 3 times?
You draw Platinum, Platinum, Remodel, Golem. Duchies and Estates are gone, no other VPs than 2 Colonies and some Provinces. You are losing by 10, as we established.
You can't Golem first, cause you know you wll hit that Trading Post and screw yourself. You can't remodel Golem into anything that gives VP, nor buy anything with 1 Platinum that you are left with. If you Remodel Platinum and Colony into Colonies you are still tied and with 5$, and again if you hit TP with Golem you lose (only if you hit both Sw and Jester you can win). So you must TR Remodel and Platinums to Colony. (And Besides, its obvious, greedy move :))
 ;D

Or to make it simpler and drop "you are losing at the start of your turn" part.
You started 10 points ahead, with TR, Golem, Colony, which you had to play (if you only golem'd, you'd still lose, if you do nothing, opponent gets Colony).

Edit: few edits, won't edit anymore I hope.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:46:21 pm by Grujah »

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 09:31:32 am »

I just played a game where I ambassadorred a province. Didn't return it to the supply, but I immediately thought of this thread.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201205/01/game-20120501-062910-103a5b6f.html

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 02:22:29 pm »

You're in a Gardens/Vineyard/Fairgrounds game and you have a lot of Hagglers in play. You've played sufficient Highways/Princesses/Bridges such that a Colony is worth $1 or $2 and everything else is worth $0. You're heavily laden with the aforementioned green cards. Your opponent has a lighthouse in play. You can maximize the size and diversity of your deck by maximizing the number of Colonies you buy this turn, since you'll be able to Haggle for more cards only from buying the Colonies.

You might be able to come up with a variant of this that involves the Provinces being almost gone and your only chance of victory this turn being Haggler->Border Village->Duchy multiple times in the turn.

Just embargo the provinces a bunch.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.