Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Invasion  (Read 509 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
Invasion
« on: March 25, 2023, 02:13:52 pm »
+1

"Gain a Loot; play it."

I assume this is like Replace and Summon, that it gains the card and then moves it. But the semicolon made me wonder.
So can you move the gained Loot with Watchtower, making Invasion lose track of it?

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 06:27:19 pm »
+1

Yes, you can move the Loot. It could have been worded with "..., then ...", but since there is no condition, the printed version is shorter. The semicolon is emphasisizing that the effects are apart, not one big effect, IMO.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 06:22:22 am »

Yes, you can move the Loot. It could have been worded with "..., then ...", but since there is no condition, the printed version is shorter. The semicolon is emphasisizing that the effects are apart, not one big effect, IMO.

Thanks. The thing is that semicolon has been used in the past to indicate that it's one effect, like on the original versions of Mine, Bureaucrat and Rocks. That used to be kind of the big indicator of the "no visiting" rule.

Of course, it would be unusual to gain and play a card as one effect, but I've learned that nothing is out of the question, so I wanted to make sure.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 07:46:02 am by Jeebus »

Ingix

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Ingix
  • Respect: +424
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 10:11:01 am »

Yes, gaining a card directly into play and playing would cause questions exactly like this: What happens when the card is moved afterwards with Watchtower etc.

I wasn't aware of the examples you gave for previous use of the semicolon; those usages are at odds with the new one.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 12:38:08 pm »
+3

You gain the Loot to your discard pile, have a chance to react to that, then play the Loot from your discard pile.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.