Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some fan cards  (Read 605 times)

RovingBear

• Scout
  • Respect: +64
    • View Profile
Some fan cards
« on: March 13, 2023, 10:34:51 am »
+4

Finally got it!

New to here so wanted to post some of my card ideas. Been working on a few that i want to print but i know i wont have time to playtest so im going to be posting some here.
Would love to here your thoughts, balanced, too strong ect.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:54:55 pm by RovingBear »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
Re: illusionist
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 01:50:16 pm »

[img ]http://C:\Users\dovzr\Desktop\illusionist.PNG[/img]

It doesn't work that way -- that's a local path to your computer. You need to upload the image to a hosting service like https://imgbb.com/

RovingBear

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 01:54:49 pm »

im new to this.. after i upload it to a hosting site, whats the next step?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3224
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 02:01:37 pm »

Click on the preview image once, then it should lead you to a site like https: //ibb.co/{something} where the image appears in full size. Right click on the image and select "Copy Image Link". (Could be different in your browser, but something to that effect.) This will copy a link into your clipboard. Paste that link here, in the [img ] [/ img] tags.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 05:46:52 pm »

As for the card itself, I'd say it mostly seems like a very weak Shepherd.

RovingBear

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 05:57:04 pm »

Was debating it being + 2 actions. Thinking it is a mid to late game buy, allows you to sift through your deck when you have more expensive victory cards, as a province will give you + 3 cards

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1434
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 06:47:58 pm »
+1

Why would you do a weaker version of Shepherd that costs more? And why go down the rabbit hole of playing green (instead of just discarding it)?

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +173
    • View Profile
Re: Some fan cards
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 08:45:00 pm »
+1

Welcome to the forum.  :)
At $4 Illusionist is a decent Shepherd variant giving +1 Card for Estates, +2 Cards for Duchies, and +3 Cards for Provinces, instead of Shepherd's uniform +2 Cards. If you read enough of DXV stuff you may come to understand why he choose a uniform distribution. Other than it is a simpler implementation, more importantly a uniform distribution does not provide an advantage for a player who is already winning.

Blood Moon should state where the Treasure is trashed from - presumably from play, but it could be your Hand or the Supply.

VooDooDoll should also have the Attack type. Such a strong attack should cost more. I'd prefer an out clause, like allowing it to not affect players who discard a Victory card. Many of my Attack cards specify Duchy discard to avoid the attack.

I would change Dark Contract. Here are some options in order of preference: remove the last sentence "Then trash this card"; or reduce the cost; or increase both instances of $1 to $2.

If you plan to print these, i'd make some effort to increase the font size. On Dark Contract the "+1 Buy" and "+$1" could be on the same line. For Elixir, try this instead 

Card types and card names should be capitalized. I also capitalize the noun "Hand", "Discard", and "Deck".  :) 

Finally got it!

New to here so wanted to post some of my card ideas. Been working on a few that i want to print but i know i wont have time to playtest so im going to be posting some here.
Would love to here your thoughts, balanced, too strong ect.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 12:36:04 pm by BryGuy »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.