Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Plan  (Read 614 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
New Plan
« on: February 18, 2023, 06:17:02 am »
+4

Now that the trashing token is when-gain, I have this question: Let's say I put the token on Village, and then I gain a Village from trash, does the token trigger?

I think it should. It says "when you gain a card from that pile", but the other tokens are "when you play a card from that pile" and of course you play them from your hand (normally).

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Re: New Plan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 11:09:55 am »
+1

I would think so. I assumed it referred to the fact that the card Village was originally from the pile that the trashing token was placed on, not that you have to gain the card directly from the pile with the token.

As usual, for what it's worth, I tested it on dominion.games and it does work that way right now--after using Plan to put the trashing token on the Village pile, I used a Lurker to gain a Village from the trash, and I was able to trash a card from my hand.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
Re: New Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 01:42:09 pm »
+4

Now that the trashing token is when-gain, I have this question: Let's say I put the token on Village, and then I gain a Village from trash, does the token trigger?

I think it should. It says "when you gain a card from that pile", but the other tokens are "when you play a card from that pile" and of course you play them from your hand (normally).
You can certainly read it either way. Tentatively, Plan does trigger when you gain the card from the trash.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 20 queries.