Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Card Fusions  (Read 6615 times)

czzzz

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
Re: Card Fusions
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2023, 05:28:48 pm »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2023, 06:52:41 pm »

Strategem looks like a $3 to me.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2023, 08:22:23 pm »

I'd even argue that it's weaker than Scheme.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2023, 01:24:41 am »

I had a hard time figuring out how to value it when I made it; seems to be a more fair price, looking at it now.
It's pretty much a sidegrade from Scheme: another reason to price it at .
It doesn't stack as easily, as a terminal action vs a cantrip -- you can flood your deck with Schemes, no problem. I think it maybe stacks more powerfully, though?
But maybe it really sucks enough that I could make it nonterminal and still price it at .

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2023, 02:00:35 am »

It definitely is but I also think that it is too good for a $2.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2023, 02:25:41 am »

Card Fusions #11
Haven & Carpenter

BTW I really appreciate the feedback. Figure it's the only way I'll get better, you know?

As always this is open for anyone to submit ideas! I make mine when I open the fusion, so when I post mine at the end each time, it's fun comparing/contrasting with what others come up with.  :)

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2023, 03:09:51 am »
+1

Just a bit too late for this:
Admiral - Action Duration, $4 cost.
At the start of your Buy phase, discard your hand. At Clean-up, set aside a non-Duration Action you would discard from play this turn. At the start of your next turn, play it twice.
Perhaps more like a Tactician Ghost fusion.

For this fusion, my idea came rather close to Rejigger submitted earlier. Interesting how two different pairs can fuse together in the same way I suppose.

Gubump

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2023, 02:14:45 pm »

I had a hard time figuring out how to value it when I made it; seems to be a more fair price, looking at it now.
It's pretty much a sidegrade from Scheme: another reason to price it at .
It doesn't stack as easily, as a terminal action vs a cantrip -- you can flood your deck with Schemes, no problem. I think it maybe stacks more powerfully, though?
But maybe it really sucks enough that I could make it nonterminal and still price it at .

A key thing that makes it weaker than Scheme is that it can only Scheme a card every other turn rather than every turn.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2023, 09:29:22 pm »
+1

Upholster: the Remodeling from Carpenter, but it Havens the new card. Throws an Action in for good measure (both cards have +Action on them, I guess). I initially priced it at , but should this be a ?
Kitchen: the Workshop from Carpenter, but then rather than Remodel it trashes for vanilla Haven (cantrip).  It doesn't have the coin or draw-before-trash of Junk Dealer, but does Workshop each time, so I feel like it might be priced OK. This is the one I like the most that I made for this fusion.
Expel: the more "experimental" one, I guess. The idea is it's a crappy Haven until a pile runs out. If you play it when a pile is out, now it pseudo-Exiles a card at the start of each of your turns until you decide not to replay it. Wording isn't great and it's not worth buying until a pile is out, which is stupid. Even the turn-start Exiling is kinda rough -- it's mandatory if you did play/replay it, so you're starting with a smaller hand.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2023, 03:27:29 pm »

Card Fusions #12
Modify & Black Market

Submissions/comments for past fusions are always welcome, too.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2023, 02:17:51 pm »
+1

Disassemble: The +$2 from BM combined with the Remodel choice on Modify, ended up being a big Salvager w/o buy. Blending in the nonterminal Modify choice gives it its own feel though. Really pricey tho
Distribute: I decided using the BM gimmick itself was kinda off the table. So what if I'm looking at my own deck for stuff to gain? Then I thought about balancing...in any case, it ended up being a weird almost reverse Ambassador thing. If you junked everyone, you take the +$2; but if you give everyone a nice card, you can take 2 of them! Lol idk man
Auction: Again, avoiding BM directly I thought "well what if you bought from the Supply?". But that's just your Buy phase, so I had it go to your hand, so there's a reason to buy now rather than later. It doesn't generate any coin itself whatsoever, what you gain is what you bought, so it should be cheap-ish even though it's gaining to your hand.

Ethan

• Bishop
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2023, 12:09:57 am »
+1

Distribute needs re-wording, to make clear that you choose what other players get.
Maybe it can be like, not the best wording:
Look at the top 3 cards of your deck.
Reveal one of them, each other player gains a copy of it.
Choose one: Gain 2 copies of it; or +.
Put the cards you looked back in any order.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2023, 01:46:25 am »

Card Fusions #13
Pearl Diver & Artificer

Erick648

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +629
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2023, 07:36:13 pm »
+1

Card Fusions #12
Modify & Black Market

Submissions/comments for past fusions are always welcome, too.

Illicit Modifications
$4 - Action
Reveal the top 3 cards of the Black Market deck. Choose one: Trash a card from your hand to gain a revealed card costing up to $2 more than it; or +1 Card and +1 Action.  Put the remaining revealed cards on the bottom of the Black Market deck in any order.

Setup: Make a Black Market deck out of different unused Kingdom cards.
I used the Black Market deck instead of an Illicit Modifications deck so it could share a deck with Black Market if they're both in the Kingdom.  The card text is excessive, but so is Black Market's---it's hard to use the Black Market deck without a lot of small text.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

How much Loot could a Looter loot if a Looter could loot Loot?

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2023, 10:12:06 pm »
+1

Grate: This is the simple one, basically the vanilla of both with a slightly better Pearl Diver effect.
Tinker: Using Artificer as the base, but since PD doesn't have $ we add its +Card on. This makes it better at the discard-for-gain, so the gaining is no longer optional. So you could use it as a Lab but you'd have to gain a Copper onto your deck.
Investigator: There's a lot I don't like about it. Oh well. In theory it'd be fine; you'd be strategic with what you pick...but the options are crap so it would slow down play without much benefit.
Excavator: Hones in on the PD effect. Execution is kinda silly though, it just rewards you for topdecking with abandon, to be thematic. If you play multiple, you're just reburying most of what you dug up, haha

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2023, 05:42:44 pm »

Card Fusions #14
Island & Storeroom

Jonatan Djurachkovitch

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jonis20004
  • Respect: +95
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2023, 10:20:43 am »
+1

Heads up: because of the bottom option this is strictly better than Conclave. (+2$, +2 Actions)

Stower - Action - 5$
Discard any number of cards, then draw that many. You may Exile this to Exile your hand. If you did, +$1 per card you exiled.
I don't really like this, because having a one-time thinner at $5 maybe isn't great for balance. Maybe it's just to swingy in of itself.

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2023, 11:49:42 pm »
+2

Heads up: because of the bottom option this is strictly better than Conclave. (+2$, +2 Actions)
Good point.

Jetsam: Since it's still one-shot like Island, we can boost the effect and not raise the price too much. It should probably just be +1 Card though, huh?
Keelhaul: Abstracting it all quite a bit. I don't know how to balance tokens very well, but I like the simplicity if nothing else.
Vista: Most distant fusion for last, of course. Exile for the pseudo-Exile of Island; and then one-in, one-out to represent Storeroom. The Gold thing is just to try to make it slightly more worthwhile even if it's the only Exiler in your set. I think it's kinda funny.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 11:50:51 pm by czzzz »

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2023, 02:56:17 pm »

Card Fusions #15
Royal Carriage & Stables

Ethan

• Bishop
  • Respect: +192
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2023, 02:29:57 am »
+2

Card Fusions #14
Island & Storeroom
Storeship -
Action
Put this and a card from your hand onto your Island mat. Put up to 2 cards from your Island mat into your hand for + each.
Deliver goods between your Kingdom and Islands.
Very flexible. Can be used as Island without , or an one-card-Exiler with + that return to your hand, or something else.
I hope there is no loop question on Storeship. And I feel sorry it can't be a Duration ship due to tracking.

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2023, 10:40:47 am »

Storeship -
Action
Put this and a card from your hand onto your Island mat. Put up to 2 cards from your Island mat into your hand for + each.
Deliver goods between your Kingdom and Islands.
Very flexible. Can be used as Island without , or an one-card-Exiler with + that return to your hand, or something else.
I hope there is no loop question on Storeship. And I feel sorry it can't be a Duration ship due to tracking.
To prevent loops add a "The first time Storeship is played this turn" to one of the affects. Maybe something like this:
Storeship
$3 Action
The first time Storeship is played this turn, put up to two cards from your Island mat into your Hand. Put this and a card from your Hand onto your Island mat for +1 Card.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:34:31 am by BryGuy »

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2023, 04:28:52 pm »
+1

Royal Steed You call it to do Stables at the start of your turn, which is more powerful than when it costs an Action to play midturn. It does slow it down, though, you won't be able to call the same one each turn or anything. (Theme-wise, it's stronger than your average horse, but it costs time and money for upkeep)
Gazebo: What if we used the "discard a Treasure" from Stables to power up the throning from Royal Carriage? A slightly discounted King's Court, cool. Or an expensive Throne Room if you're unlucky -- but hey even King's Court gets drawn dead sometimes, you know.
Stallion: We're straying from the cards, yeah. Anyways what if instead of calling it, we hold it hostage like Wine Merchant? Stallions are tough to tame, I wouldn't expect to play it and get it back out every turn. Oh also Stallions like to run together, you should get a bunch of them and just let them stampede past you and then come back when they feel like it (when you have 2 Coppers).

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2023, 02:15:18 pm »

Card Fusions #16
Blockade & Silver Mine

czzzz

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2023, 06:28:42 pm »
+2

Pinchpenny: Type-restricting to Treasure (from Silver Mine) is a nerf, so I messed with the attack part; it's supposed to hit more often but not stack Curses (which, I mean, who was gaining multiple copies of a Blockaded card anyways), or if they avoid the Curse then it's more restrictive on their turn. Not an elegant card.
Bounty: Unrestricting the type along with the extra option would make it strictly better than Silver Mine, and I didn't feel like it would be justified as a $6-cost, so I lowered the gaining power. In sets without $4-cost Treasures, this is still better. Oh well. Silver Mine isn't most people's favorite card anyways
Grapeshot: What if we want a Treasure - Attack but no Duration? Maybe we draw a little from Tools, idk

Alright well to be honest I don't think I've gotten any better at making/evaluating cards, which was one of the major goals of this. The other goal was to keep me busy, which it succeeded at somewhat. It has been fun for me, if nothing else, haha  :)
Thanks to everyone who gave feedback, threw in their own ideas, or voted stuff up!

D782802859

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +385
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2023, 09:46:10 pm »
+1

Bounty autopiles with cost reduction, "costing up to $2 less" fixes it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.