Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Look , reveal and other ruling questions.  (Read 286 times)

Dgamer777

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Look , reveal and other ruling questions.
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:43:20 pm »

2 Questions regarding Look and reveal:

1.A Card that says "Look at the top 3 cards of deck"  but only have 2 cards left in deck.  Do I only look at 2 cards or do I shuffle my discard pile then finish looking?

2. A Card that says" Reveal the top 3 cards of deck" but only have 2 cards left in deck.  Do I have to shuffle my discard pile into my deck then reveal 1 more card?

Question regarding other rules:

I know about the stop moving rule , but just wondering if there is a list of other ones and if so what are they and where could I find them?  (another one was something about blue dog rule I think?)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:44:21 pm by Dgamer777 »

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Look , reveal and other ruling questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 03:12:09 pm »
+1

Same rule as with drawing - if you need to do something with the top few cards of your deck, and your deck isn't big enough, you reshuffle your discards and put them under your deck, then do the thing.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Look , reveal and other ruling questions.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 03:44:21 pm »
+1

There is Jeebus's rules document which seeks to comprehensively cover every and all rules derived from both the rulebooks and Donald X's postings.

Other than errata, mostly covered here, things such as "blue dog" are not rules missing from the rulebook, but rather rulings about how specific things interact with each other, derived from what the rulebook says. Most should be on the wiki.

"Blue dog" in particular is not a rule, but simply an analogy that was used to explain the logic behind why Ironworks and Trader (first edition) worked the way they did. It comes from a post on bgg.com originally.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.