Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #175 - Super Expensive  (Read 3803 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #175 - Super Expensive
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2023, 06:05:07 am »

Sorceress is already the name of an existing card:

man I even explicitly googled just to check for this, since I don't know the newest cards >:( guess I should've checked the wiki instead of google images

No problem, I'll rename it.

sumrex

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: sumrex84
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2023, 06:39:48 am »

The End of the Rainbow
Project 9%

At the start of your buy phase, you may pay 2% to choose 1 of the following to gain onto your deck: A price, A Spirit, A Loot, A Heirloom, A Zombie, A Wish. Then you may take one of the following: Flag, Key, Treasure Chest, Lost in the Woods.

It gives you everything you would ever want. The Project part makes it so you cant just take it with a lucky early hand. Of course some cards here are better then others, but none are trash. Let me know what you think and if this qualifies! You might pick it up early, but i might have the golem problem , you never know when to weaken youself to potentially make yourself stronger after!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 11:34:46 am by sumrex »

Udzu

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +148
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2023, 10:26:52 am »
+4

(Take two) A one-shot but versatile Fortune:

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
  • Respect: +181
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2023, 10:29:39 pm »

The End of the Rainbow
Project 2%

At the start of your buy phase, you may pay 9% to choose 1 of the following to gain onto your deck: A price, A Spirit, A Loot, A Heirloom, A Zombie, A Wish. Then you may take one of the following: Flag, Key, Treasure Chest, Lost in the Woods.

It gives you everything you would ever want. The Project part makes it so you cant just take it with a lucky early hand. Of course some cards here are better then others, but none are trash. Let me know what you think and if this qualifies! You might pick it up early, but i might have the golem problem , you never know when to weaken youself to potentially make yourself stronger after!

Sadly this does not qualify; the 9 (or greater) needs to be in it's initial cost, not it's upkeep. I like the idea, though, keep this in your back pocket!
Just living a life, you know?
All of the Best cards I've made:http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21287.0

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2023, 10:33:07 pm »

If Sumrex would like to submit something else, that's fine, but otherwise;

Contest Closed

Thank you for all your submissions!

Judging will take place tomorrow, hopefully finished on Tuesday.
All of the Best cards I've made:http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21287.0

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1435
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2023, 01:54:16 am »
+1

The End of the Rainbow
Project 2%

At the start of your buy phase, you may pay 9% to choose 1 of the following to gain onto your deck: A price, A Spirit, A Loot, A Heirloom, A Zombie, A Wish. Then you may take one of the following: Flag, Key, Treasure Chest, Lost in the Woods.

Sadly this does not qualify; the 9 (or greater) needs to be in it's initial cost, not it's upkeep. I like the idea, though, keep this in your back pocket!
Well, it could be rectified via doing it as pure Event without the $2 „entry costs“ via the Project.

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #174 - Super Expensive
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023, 04:06:34 pm »
+2

Thanks to everyone for their submissions!

Painter
$9 Action
Choose one: +2 Cards; or gain a card costing up to $5.
____
During a player's Buy phase, this costs $2 less per Action card they have in play.

Pretty good, actually! Needs an Asterisk in it's cost, but that's a minor nitpick. I do like 5-gainers. 8/10

weirdly enough, this was the last asterisk in this contest. Effect needs a little rewording to make it closer to WotChameleon. Works good as a Lost City type thing. 8/10

Mineshaft - $9
Project

When you play a Treasure, you first get +$1.
When you gain a Victory card, +1 Buy.

I like this quite a lot! 9/10

Idk if this is worth $10, but it's close enough. really cool effect! 9/10

Leprechaun Gold
$9 - Event
Gain a Gold and a card costing up to $5.

11$ worth of stuff for $9. Pretty good! 8/10

Gentrification
Project
$12

Set aside a non-Victory Action card from the supply next to this and place your project cube on it.

Nice, a Obelisk you choose; Honestly the fact that this takes a card out of it's pile is what brings this down for me; well, unless in setting it aside you also gain it, giving you +2vp. At 12 this probably never gets picked up, sadly enough. 6/10

Pledge just doesn't seem worth it to me. why would I buy this instead of just gaining a Province? I do like the next time mechanic though. 6/10

Metropolis
Action - $10
+3 Actions
+3 Cards
+3 Buys
You may trash up to 3 cards from your hand.

I like this a lot! just a big Lost City with a lot of extra stuff! 10/10

I like night cards, but this just seems so close to perfect for it's cost. 9/10 needs just one little something to kick it up. Idk what.

Summon but it's actually good. 10/10

I actually thought stonecrafting was pretty good. Golden Ticket is really cool though. 10/10 honestly.

Thank you, everyone, for your submissions!

Winner: Gubump with Ceremony.

Runner-ups: Udzu with Wonka Bar/ Golden Ticket and NoMoreFun with Metropolis

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +177
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 04:46:03 pm »

Thanks to everyone for their submissions!

Did my submission not get judged?

Ok, so here is another idea:

Brutal Giant
$9 Action
You may trash a Treasure to gain a Gold. You may trash a Victory to gain a Duchy. You may trash a card in your hand or from play (including this) for +1 Villager.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 04:49:19 pm by BryGuy »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2023, 06:33:45 pm »
+1

Wow, thanks for the win! Ceremony is actually a redone version of an Event I tried more than half a year ago (dang, it's really been that long already? It feels like it just happened) and had given up on, but this contest gave me the inspiration to come up with a fix for it. Here's hoping it's at least as much of a winner in practice!

Anyway, the next contest will be posted shortly.

EDIT: Next contest is up.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:56:30 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Builder_Roberts

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2023, 06:23:48 pm »
+1

Did my submission not get judged?

Ok, so here is another idea:

Brutal Giant
$9 Action
You may trash a Treasure to gain a Gold. You may trash a Victory to gain a Duchy. You may trash a card in your hand or from play (including this) for +1 Villager.
oh! sorry about that. 8/10, the trashing focus is cool.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.