Dominion > Rules Questions

Frigate discarding

(1/3) > >>

AJD:
This isn't really a rules question, more like a rules observation: Frigate joins Outpost as a card that is not usually actually discarded from play during Cleanup of the last turn on which it does something. If you play Frigate, it has no effect at all on your next turn; the last turn where it does anything is your right-hand opponent's turn. But it stays in play through your turn anyway.

...Right?

kieranmillar:

--- Quote from: AJD on January 11, 2023, 09:01:32 pm ---If you play Frigate, it has no effect at all on your next turn; the last turn where it does anything is your right-hand opponent's turn.
--- End quote ---
No. The card says "until the start of your next turn" so something does happen on your next turn: the attack effect ends. And it ends on your turn, not on the turn of the player to your right, so it wouldn't be discarded during their clean up.

AJD:
That's like saying the Bridge has an effect on the turn after I play it: the cost reduction ends. Frigate's Attack effect ending doesn't constitute Frigate doing something on your next turn—that specifically constitutes Frigate not having an effect.

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: AJD on January 12, 2023, 09:31:59 pm ---That's like saying the Bridge has an effect on the turn after I play it: the cost reduction ends. Frigate's Attack effect ending doesn't constitute Frigate doing something on your next turn—that specifically constitutes Frigate not having an effect.

--- End quote ---

Well no, there’s a difference in timing between “at the end of this turn” and “at the start of next turn”. But I do think you’re right that this is the first card to rely solely on “until your next turn” as a form of “having something to do”.

chipperMDW:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on January 12, 2023, 10:37:08 pm ---But I do think you’re right that this is the first card to rely solely on “until your next turn” as a form of “having something to do”.

--- End quote ---

"At the start of your next turn, +1 Substance."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version