Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: deviation from convention  (Read 340 times)

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
deviation from convention
« on: January 10, 2023, 10:53:06 am »

I was curious what others are doing in term of deviating their fan made card from the printed sets. I have slowly made a few minor changes to improve my fan cards.

For example, i will be using Shelter's red for half the colorization on my future cards where other players need to pay attention to alert them to activities they must or can do when not their turn. This would be especially helpful for cards like Council Room, Vault, Bishop, Lost City, and any Attack type.

Another example is that i will be printing only eight, instead of ten, cards for Attack types and cards that cost $6 or more, unless they are Victory type. We almost never deplete a supply pile so ten cards is super generous in most cases. Ten cards is predicated upon 2/player X 5 players.

All of my cards that include negative Victory have been given the type Cursed - it is only 21 cards, ten of which are in split piles. The card named "Curse" is considered of type "Cursed".

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1684
    • View Profile
Re: deviation from convention
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 01:25:05 am »
+1

I have used 3 or 4 copies of the top card in a (5x2) split pile instead of 5 to make to more likely to see the bottom card.

I don't bother printing "heirloom: XXXX" on fan cards that have an heirloom. I just remember to use the heirloom when we use that card. Sometimes I do this for other Setup instructions too.

During play, if we notice that someone forgot to do a mandatory part of a card in a way that helps them, they get a Curse. (The people I play with most often are my parents. I know they don't cheat on purpose, but 'accidental cheating' is not uncommon with them. They're old so they have a lot of 'senior moments'...) If we notice that they're been forgeting to do a mandatory part of a card in a way that hurts them, I might spot them a coin token or something like that.

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
Re: deviation from convention
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 09:32:53 am »

Most of my split randomizers note to include a set per player. Some just say to use 4 copies in 2-player games.

That is some great memory. My Celtic set has 12 Heirlooms (8 new and 4 Noturne) with two cards each using one Heirloom. I'm not sure i could remember them all (24) especially since i have moved several as i have adjusted the set. My Shadows (6 more new) set in on track to also have 12 Heirlooms.

That is an interesting house-rule.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 01:28:38 pm by BryGuy »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.