Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Do Taskmaster and Reckless do the same thing?  (Read 565 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Do Taskmaster and Reckless do the same thing?
« on: December 21, 2022, 02:13:39 pm »

Really what I'm asking is, is "repeat this ability" the same thing as "follow this card's instructions"? For the purposes of Ways, Enchantress, etc.

Especially, if you play Taskmaster with Way of the Chameleon. When you "repeat these instructions", are you locked into getting +1 card instead of +?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 02:19:06 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

d4mn13l

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: d4mn13l
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: Do Taskmaster and Reckless do the same thing?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2022, 04:25:23 pm »
+1

How is "ability" even defined?

Wizard_Amul

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 05:57:23 pm »
+3

Really what I'm asking is, is "repeat this ability" the same thing as "follow this card's instructions"? For the purposes of Ways, Enchantress, etc.

Especially, if you play Taskmaster with Way of the Chameleon. When you "repeat these instructions", are you locked into getting +1 card instead of +?

This is still a valid question that I'm not sure about, but for Way of the Chameleon specifically, I think the "this turn" on Chameleon should still limit it to the turn you play Taskmaster and no future turns where the Taskmaster stays out in play. I know there are some bugs online right now, but at least right now, the online implementation does agree with that--when playing Taskmaster with Way of the Chameleon, you do get the +1 card now but get + on each subsequent turn.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 10:12:02 pm »
+1

Ah yeah, I forgot that Chameleon is “this turn”.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1350
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 01:35:41 am »

This is still a valid question that I'm not sure about, but for Way of the Chameleon specifically, I think the "this turn" on Chameleon should still limit it to the turn you play Taskmaster and no future turns where the Taskmaster stays out in play. I know there are some bugs online right now, but at least right now, the online implementation does agree with that--when playing Taskmaster with Way of the Chameleon, you do get the +1 card now but get + on each subsequent turn.

Yeah, it's much like any other Duration card. If Chameleon didn't have the "this turn" clause, though, I think you would be get +1 Card each turn that it stays in play
They/them

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 04:33:46 am »

"Ability" is clearly the set of instructions, in this case the on-play instructions.

I think Taskmaster is actually the first programmatically recursive card.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 01:51:39 pm »
+1

"This ability" is that sentence; it's not the same concept as "this card's instructions" which is the entire above-the-line text (even if this particular card has no more sentences).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.