Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Jinx Cards  (Read 440 times)

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +168
    • View Profile
Jinx Cards
« on: December 01, 2022, 10:34:53 am »

So i like kru5h's idea of Jinx. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16396.msg897907#msg897907
Using the idea that at the end of the game if a Landmark has not modified their use, 6 Jinx = -1 Victory. This may needs some clarification of partial Jinx. For me, i'd go with 5 rounds-up and 4 rounds-down.

Anyway, i made some cards. I started with a card Commodore Chuckles designed, Dark Village. I reviewed some other vanilla cards http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Vanilla adding the Jinx, but then also added the -1 Victory. To balance the -1 Victory i either reduced the cost by one or added another bonus. Further i thought these piles may never empty, so i decided to have these as split piles. From there it got a little out of control. I'm a fan of using cards in more than a narrow niche, so each card is used in two split piles. Here is the outcome.

[/size]

Some of the name changes had more to do with finding decent artwork, than clinging to tradition. Each set should have some trashing ability. Most sets have some additional buy ability, which i find is lacking in many real-life games i play. I'd appreciate some constructive comments before i print these and playtest them.

20221202: Updated the cards.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 09:25:49 am by BryGuy »

emtzalex

• Jester
  • Respect: +1453
    • View Profile
Re: Jinx Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 10:58:57 am »
+2

So, it's always "Trash a card from your hand" and never "Trash a hand card" (see the vast majority of trashers).

Also, it's not at all clear what it means that you have "+1 Jinx" below the line. Are you supposed to get the Jinx token when you gain the card, or each time you play it? If it's the former, it should say "When you gain this, +1 Jinx." If it's the latter, the "+1 Jinx" needs to be above the line.
he/him/his

Thanks to Shard of Honor for his Extended Version of the Dominion Card Image Generator, which I use to mock up my fan cards, and to Violet CLM, who made the original.

BryGuy

• Explorer
  • Respect: +168
    • View Profile
Re: Jinx Cards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 12:38:47 pm »

So, it's always "Trash a card from your hand" and never "Trash a hand card" (see the vast majority of trashers).

Also, it's not at all clear what it means that you have "+1 Jinx" below the line. Are you supposed to get the Jinx token when you gain the card, or each time you play it? If it's the former, it should say "When you gain this, +1 Jinx." If it's the latter, the "+1 Jinx" needs to be above the line.
Thank you for the feedback. I'll get these adjusted and reposted later.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.