Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What to do with colonies platium  (Read 469 times)

lompeluiten

• Bishop
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
What to do with colonies platium
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:47:54 am »

We used to always set up colonies and platium. But the games tend to be about the platinum.

Now we stopped setting up platinum, but kept the colonies. And i must say, it plays great. It takes an bit longer, but it is really about an building an good deck. And not in the way it is woth provinces, where the game evolves in the end game rather quickly.

So how do other people decide wether colonies/platinum is added to the game?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with colonies platium
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 09:52:35 am »
+1

Platinum's good, but it's not that good.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

BryGuy

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +158
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with colonies platium
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 03:40:38 pm »

I mostly use Platinum and Colonies if i have at least one card from Prosperity. I have found that with Platinum, Gold is used less and Silver is trashed if possible. Similarly with Colonies, Provinces are rarely bought and Duchy is almost entirely ignored.

I think i went a year or two without including any cards from Prosperity and then occasionally only using Platinum and Colony if the Kingdom had at least two cards from Prosperity.

I treat them like Shelters. If i have a Kingdom with cards from Dark Ages, i use the Shelters. Although i think i must have inadvertently created my own way of including Shelter. I take one of each Shelter and three Estates, shuffle and draw three cards. Those are what each player uses.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.85 seconds with 21 queries.