Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: BryGuy's printed Horizontals both borrowed & original  (Read 1156 times)

BryGuy

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +157
    • View Profile
BryGuy's printed Horizontals both borrowed & original
« on: October 17, 2022, 10:30:55 am »

So thank you all for so many great ideas many of which lead to ideas of my own. Below are the various landscapes that i have printed, some are mine and some are others. The attribution is on the card.

* Gopher is a token that can be traded for a future Buy, just like Coffer and Villager for future coins and actions respectively.
* A Crystal is a Treasure-Curse: $2, -2 Victory.
* A Spell is an Action-Cursed card: +1 Card, +1 Action, -1 Victory. I borrowed from Carline.

Landmarks:

Projects:

Events:

Artifacts:

States:

I have several cards that include the language on Nice. So i made this state to reduce words on those cards and make tracking a little easier. While most are a simple take Nice, Carline's Tale-Teller will take several.

Edicts:

So little space on these cards, had to use a different format for this one.

My general policy on Edicts is that if they can be made into an Event or a Project, then i'll do that instead.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 01:28:10 pm by BryGuy »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
Re: BryGuy's Horizontals
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 10:02:06 pm »
+1

Hopeful looks neat but I assume you meant that the ability can be used every turn? If so, it should say "once every turn", not "once this turn".

Colosseum's "other than this" doesn't make any sense. Colosseum is a Project, so it can't be gained (buying a Project isn't considered gaining it.)

Revise is confusing. Does it mean "Gain another card, costing up to $2 more if the trashed card costs $4, otherwise costing up to $1 more?"

I think Parting is too strong for $3.

I believe the original version of Foreign Exchange said "If you have no Coffers, +3 Coffers." Did you change it on purpose? If so, the change doesn't make sense. In the original version, "If you have no Coffers" limits the power. Here, the power is unlimited, but only if you're already in a good position. But if it's the only thing in the game that gives Coffers, then it literally never does anything.

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 10:56:50 pm »

Colosseum
Project ($7)

Whenever you gain a card other than with this, you may gain a cheaper card that shares a type with it.

Another idea I got from mish-mashing some existing cards (this time Haggler and Sewers). I made the extra gaining optional to keep you from possibly getting junked up, and blocked it from its own gains to make sure things don't accelerate too quickly. Unlike Haggler it can gain you some extra Victory cards near the end of the game, and it also doesn't require any terminal or stop card space.

I just used this and do what i normally do, add the attribution for the maker and art, and in this (and some) case(s) get new art.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 10:58:56 pm by BryGuy »

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 11:04:36 pm »

Maybe for Asper's Parting, i should add "Once per turn, ...". The price of $6 for a $5 card seams fine to me. Initially i did not consider two buys in one turn, but the added language should shore-up his Horizontal.

Asper's cards http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9231.0
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 11:36:34 pm by BryGuy »

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 11:12:34 pm »

Thank you for all the feedback. I updated Foreign Exchange and Hopeful on my side and will get that here soon.

For Revise the second sentence means "If trashed card cost >3 gain another card costing up to 1 more." and "If trashed card cost <4 gain another card costing up to 2 more." In the interest of space i used a math shorthand. I have used this same shorthand on a dozen cards, especially my Seasons cards, which after some playtesting i'll post those.

I really wish there was a way outside of graphics editing to get more words on Horizontals. I may move some longer Edicts, that i have not yet made, to that third card option on the Card Editor.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 11:35:37 pm by BryGuy »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 10:43:50 am »
+2

So, some of these are literally exact copies of other people's fan designs, while some are vaguely based on others' designs but you've made changes to them, and there's no way to tell which are which because the original fan designer is credited in exactly the same way in both cases — in a small, dark font on a dark background that's pretty easy to miss while the thread is called "BryGuy's Horizontals"? Are you sure this is a good idea?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: BryGuy's Horizontals borrowed & original
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 04:35:03 pm »

So i did not communicate effectively. I updated the original post to be more clear.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
Re: BryGuy's printed Horizontals both borrowed & original
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2022, 02:36:05 pm »

Sorry, I misread Colosseum. It says "other than with this", which makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 02:51:35 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 10:48:25 am »

At our house, Ways do not get much use. After some thought i decided to make some Ways after most of the $2 cards and added a few ideas of my own. I printed 32, of which one was not my idea - Timinou's Way of the Octopus. Below are some Ways i made. If there is interest, i could display more. This was an interesting exercise in capturing a wide range of animals, matching them with the ideas, and making these Ways.

Ways

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:55:00 am by BryGuy »

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 11:04:47 am »

I have Tropes, Horizontals that affect your deck, mostly during shuffle. The project Star Chart could be a Trope.
Here is an example of a Trope: Outcast: After each shuffle, before drawing your first hand, review your deck's top card and either discard or trash it.

I have Trends, Horizontals that affect your hand. The project Cathedral could be a Trend.
Here is an example of a Trend: Sift: At the start of your turn, draw one card and discard one card.

If there is interest, i could post these.

BryGuy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 10:13:52 am »

Added the State "Little Trick"
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.