Dominion > Rules Questions

Inheritance + Garrison

(1/4) > >>

Gherald:
My opponent bought Inheritance for Garrison and when playing estates they'd get $2 -- yet it seems no tokens are put on the set aside Garrison card from cards gained. Is that how it's meant to work?

Gherald:
I guess this rule clarification can cover the situation ("it's not in play, so you can't put any tokens on it"), though it seems arbitrary that being set aside is equivalent to being played from the supply for token purposes

--- Quote ---"If you play Garrison with a card like Band of Misfits it's not in play, so you can't put any tokens on it"
--- End quote ---

Ingix:
I think the key phrase is in the ruling, it is not in play in either situation. You put the tokens on the card for tracking purposes, and since they are the usual tokens also used for Coffers, Villagers and the Trade Route mat (may it rest in peace), having them "float around the playing area" could be confusing.

Gherald:
I'm not sure what's "floating around" here, the set aside garrison that's played is a discreet place to keep track of them, following the text that's simply on the card.

Yes the ruling specifies that because command cards like BoM don't put it in play [from the supply] it can't collect tokens, but it seems arbitrary that this also have been conceived for Inheritance which doesn't play from a shared supply, and I think by most players' reckoning would be collecting tokens w/o issue unless they noticed that rule's "not in play" text and that of course being set aside also is not in play. Oh well, if that's indeed the way it's meant to be then so it is, just seems unexpected and arbitrary to me that it have been intended to work this way.

Ingix:
I agree the problem is less for Inheritance, as it's only for one player. Still you could end up with tokens from different turns on it, if you can play things at start of turn.

Seems reasonable to not disallow it for practicallity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version