Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Fan Card Mechanics Week 44: I Can See The Future!

(1/4) > >>

Augie279:

Challenge: Design a card that pairs with a Premonition.

An extension/adaptation of Choruzon's Disasters and The_Failord's Prophecies, Premonitions hit all players after each player has taken seven turns. I'd pair my examples with cards, but I'm lazy I don't want to take any design space away from you all. Your challenge is to design a card and pair it with a Premonition (either designed by yourself or taken from one of the three existing sources). Doesn't need a special type like Psychic or Medium or something because Heirlooms don't have that so why complicate things.

Convenient link to the main card creation tool so you can make your own. When making your card, put the Premonition it's paired with in the Heirloom slot.

Best of luck to all entrants, and I'll see you guys in about a week! (Deadline: October 1, 2022)

Builder_Roberts:
Do premonitions only happen once after the first 7 turns?

NoMoreFun:
I like this concept and think they could stand on their own (as WELPs during setup) rather than being paired with a card. Basically Edicts that allow the "setup" turns to happen as usual.

But I had a go at a card pairing as per the competition.

MrHiTech:

--- Quote from: BryGuy on September 25, 2022, 09:22:02 am ---Maybe i'm missing something. Is there a separate marker board to track turns? Otherwise i'm not sure when i'd know how many turns had occurred.

--- End quote ---

I'd assume so. For the purposes of the contest, probably.

MrHiTech:

--- Quote ---Insane Witch - $5* - Action-Attack
+3 Cards
Each other player may reveal a Mirage card from their hand. If they don't, they gain a Curse.
-
If there are no Mirage cards in the Supply, this costs $6.

Premonition: Fata Morgana

--- End quote ---

I added the stipulation that the Mirage card had to be $2 or $3 so that players would have the chance to get it before it ran out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version