Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Capitalism + Forts  (Read 861 times)

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
Capitalism + Forts
« on: September 08, 2022, 01:18:06 am »
+1

Capitalism is interesting with the Forts. It makes Stronghold the first five-type card - Action, Duration, Fort, Victory, and Treasure, and a pretty strong one at that, being either a Gold or a duration draw depending on how you play it, along with the 2 VP, and Garrison becomes a combination Silver + duration draw. Tent mostly just becomes a regular Silver (the topdecking not typically being useful), but the ability to rotate the Forts can be useful. Hill Fort is the only card in the Tent pile that doesn't work with Capitalism
They/them

Dominionduke

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dominionduke
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Re: Capitalism + Forts
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 01:41:15 am »
+3

But hill ford works well with capitalism, if you gain a action, that give you +$ and you have capitalism, you don't need an action to play it, so you can put it in your hand, and you can play it that turn, without needing a Village.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 12:20:21 pm »
+1

But hill ford works well with capitalism, if you gain a action, that give you +$ and you have capitalism, you don't need an action to play it, so you can put it in your hand, and you can play it that turn, without needing a Village.

Good point.
Also since it's a cantrip Hill Fort will usually be fine in any deck, unless drawn dead.
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2022, 12:56:21 pm »
+2

Tent mostly just becomes a regular Silver (the topdecking not typically being useful), but the ability to rotate the Forts can be useful.

In principle, you could do a Tent/Capitalism golden deck that buys a Province every turn, and in a vacuum that wouldn't even be horrible. The only problem is that your opponent can do something way better than that with Garrison.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.