Dominion > Rules Questions

Merchant Camp + Way of the Mouse as Duration

(1/1)

Awaclus:
My understanding is that when you play a card as WotM->Duration, the card should stay in play to track the Duration, and in most cases, this is how it indeed works on ShiT. However, Merchant Camp is different — you can topdeck it at the end of your turn even if it has been played as WotM->Duration, and that seems weird to me. Is there some kind of a rules interaction there that I'm missing, or does ShiT just get the rules wrong in this case?

dane-m:
That behaviour certainly looks wrong to me.  Under the line Merchant Camp says "When you discard this from play, you may put it onto your deck."  A Merchant Camp played as Way of the Mouse still has that effect, but if the Way of the Mouse card is a Duration, Merchant Camp shouldn't be discarded until the end of the turn that the Duration stops doing something, so it's surely only at that stage that you should be able to put it on your deck.

In the example that you encountered are you sure that the Duration still had something to do?  I.e. it wasn't for example a Gear that had not put anything aside?

Awaclus:
In this case, it was a Caravan Guard.

Donald X.:
Merchant Camp should not be different here; obv. it's some short-circuit handling of its bottom half.

Feel free to report this where it might someday be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version