Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cards that trash copies of themselves from the Supply.  (Read 469 times)

MrHiTech

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrHiTech
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
Cards that trash copies of themselves from the Supply.
« on: August 30, 2022, 02:03:56 pm »
+3

These cards are strong early-game, but their power runs off once their piles are depleted. If your opponent is relying on them too heavily, you can deplete their power by buying the last few.

Feedback welcome!

(0 is an even number, so if the Bitcoin pile is empty, they make $1)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 02:07:38 pm by MrHiTech »

MrHiTech

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrHiTech
  • Respect: +89
    • View Profile
Re: Cards that trash copies of themselves from the Supply.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 06:19:41 pm »

Oil sucks. Treasure Peddler is worse than ordinary Peddler, a $4, and Treasure Squire, a $2. The flexbility does not push this into $% territory. I don't think that this is even good at $4.

To be honest, that's a good point. I was thinking that the "play an Action card from your hand" bit would offset that, as the main reason that Treasure Peddler is bad is that you can't play other Actions after it. However, after the Oil pile is empty, it would just be a Treasure peddler, so it's not strictly better than Peddler.

Now, since I know that this won't be strictly better than Peddler, I can price this at $4, which was the original price I had.

Also, one Action is not enough for a sacrifice card, so I decided to let you also go back to your Action phase.

Also, for the record, Peddler is > $4, since Poacher is a Peddler-with-a-drawback that costs $4.

Rare Art does not work. Why would you waste several plays in order to build this up when they opponents can then free-ride?

Good point. It should increase in price as more are Trashed.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Re: Cards that trash copies of themselves from the Supply.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 10:43:42 am »
+2

Also, for the record, Peddler is > $4, since Poacher is a Peddler-with-a-drawback that costs $4.

Yeah but it's like $4.1 at best.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.