Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #162: You Can Trip at $5  (Read 5220 times)

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
Re: Weekly Design Contest #162: You Can Trip at $5
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2022, 09:11:15 pm »
+3

Hobo (Action – Night)
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may end your Action phase for +. If it’s your Night phase this turn, you may return to your Action phase.
I think the second part could’ve simply said: “If it’s your Night phase, return to your Action phase”. Very rarely in Dominion will you be forced to play a Night card, so the “you may” can be safely dropped. It doesn’t hurt to go back to the Action phase even if the card you drew is like, a Province or something :P . This card is interesting, you’ll want a lot of these in your deck. In fact, I certainly would not mind having all 10 copies of Hobo in my deck. It seems really strong is where I’m getting at.
Not sure how that happened, but it seems that you dropped a word from my card text. It is supposed to read.
You may end your Action phase for +. If it’s your first Night phase this turn, you may return to your Action phase.
which I think would take care of the balancing issue and the question of why you wouldn't want to return to your Action phase; at least that was the intention.

Ahhhhh God dammit! You have no idea how much it hurts me to see bad judging on my end because of my own misquoting mistake. Yes indeed, that would tackle the main issue I had with the card. That certainly would've boosted my opinion of your card, so sorry about that! I'll try to be more careful down the line.  :-\
Bottom text
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.